Join us on this petiscos brunch in Porto to see what the locals enjoy eating in the morning and to take in the city’s early day atmosphere.
- Adults 13+ years old
- Children 2-12 years old
The Original Porto Petiscos Crawl
Spoil your senses with our most exquisite petiscos and wine in Porto on this culinary adventure. It’s ideal for foodies wishing to explore the local cuisine and who want to enjoy our beautiful city, away from the most touristy spots. Take part in our petiscos and wine tour, just like the locals do!
The origins of the word “petiscos” lie in the verb “petiscar,” which means tasting and eating small dishes, which are generally best shared with friends! We take you to try the best local petiscos and wine of Porto. During this walking, eating and drinking tour, you learn not just about the food and wine but also about the historical events that shaped this rich culture. Each of the stops leads you to a unique piece of the puzzle that constitutes Portugal.
Leave the tourist track behind; our route offers you a more authentic approach to the city! We take you to five traditional places, and in each one, we enjoy the local specialty food and wines in a unique gastronomic experience. Join us for the best petiscos and wine in Porto on this entertaining foodie adventure!
Taste the Best Petiscos & Wine in Porto
The first stop takes place in an authentic bodega, which is very well-known by local wine lovers for their great Porto wines. This is where we start our tour, with a fine wine tasting and an introduction to the secrets of Porto wines. Become familiar with the basics of this fortified wine.
Feel as if you’ve stepped back in time at the next stop, an old tavern called TASCO that has kept all its charm and to eat like a local. Here, we try some amazing local snacks, such as hot and cold appetizers. You are drawn in by its captivating atmosphere, and we explain to you our culture’s approach to dining.
At our third stop, we continue enjoying good petiscos and wine from Porto, discovering the iconic Vinho Verde (green wine), with an explanation of the different wine regions in Portugal. Passionate about providing the highest-quality local food possible, the owner of the wine bar lets us enjoy some local specialties like fresh olives, meats and cheeses, essential for appreciating a good glass of wine.
The fourth stop is a typical petiscos tavern with delicious Portuguese specialties, located on one of the most famous gastronomic streets of the city. This stop is a pure delight on this tour if you like traditional cuisine! The last stop depends on the day and the season, but it’s sure to be a lovely place to end with a delicious sweet.
These five stops fully immerse you in the world of petiscos and wine in Porto. As we like to say in Porto, bom apetite!
- A most complete and fun petiscos tasting adventure, including the must-eats of our local culture
- The perfect balance between sweet and salty food for the whole family
- Specialized guide, small group and local areas in which to enjoy the true petiscos and wine of Porto
- Food tour with a good amount of food: about 12 – 14 petiscos servings and drink pairings
- Abundant information about Portuguese food, history, architecture, local culture and lifestyle
- You may join a small group of travelers during our tour. Please feel free to request a 100% private tour for you or for a larger group.
- Tour guide gratuities are always graciously accepted.
- Tour runs rain or shine.
- Price includes food + drinks, guide services and 23% local taxes.
- A three-hour walking tour with less than 10 minutes between each stop to ensure a thoroughly laid-back experience.
- Additional orders should be paid separately.
- Minimum of four persons to run a tour.
- Food Lover Tour® requires full online payment in order to complete the booking.
Praça de Carlos Alberto in front of the Central statue Monumento aos Mortos da Grande Guerra 34, Praça de Carlos Alberto 32
Holiday closures: January 1st, Carnaval day, April 25th, May 1st, June 10th, 23rd and 24th, August 15th, October 5th, November 1st, December 1st, 8th, 24th, 25th, 31st