On this gourmet tour, you not only taste some of Portugal’s finest food, but you also do so in three authentic Lisbon settings, listening to the greatest fado singers.
- Adults 12+ years old
- Children 2-11 years old
The Original Petiscos Crawl in Lisboa
Come have a bite with the locals! Let us take you to our favourite spots, away from the crowds, to experience the real Lisboa while tasting traditional petiscos and learning about the local history.
Traditional Portuguese food comes in all tastes and sizes. The list of influences is endless, and you will be surprised to find out how many of your local favourites have themselves been influenced by Portuguese flavours.
Going uphill in Lisbon is simply unavoidable, but when you have a delicious treat waiting for you at the top, it’s another story! During this walking, eating and drinking tour, you learn not just about the food but also about the historical events that shaped this rich culture. Each of the stops leads you to a unique piece of the puzzle that constitutes Portugal.
Off the beaten tracks, our route offers you a more authentic approach to the city and makes you want to stay an extra week (or more)!
An Authentic Tour of Lisbon Petiscos
With a maximum of ten people per tour, we can assure you personal attention and a unique experience. Our passionate guides show you how to choose quality Portuguese cheeses, and you also learn about and taste local wines and many other great local treats to make your Lisboa petiscos experience truly memorable. By the end of the tour, you’ll have not only a pleasantly full stomach but also a rich understanding of what it means to be a part of this city.
The tour takes place walking through traditional city neighbourhoods: Principe Real and Madragoa.
A four to five-stop journey that includes different stories filled with 12 – 14 succulent petiscos as a selection of local drinks.
We speak English, Portuguese (Spanish, German & French upon request).
- A good amount of food: 12 – 14 petiscos servings
- Abundant information about Portuguese food, history, local culture and lifestyle
- You may join a small group of travelers. Please feel free to request a 100% private tour for you or for a larger group.
- Tour guide gratuities are always graciously accepted.
- Tour runs rain or shine.
- Price includes all food + drinks and restaurant taxes. Additional orders should be paid separately.
- A three-hour walking tour with less than 10 minutes between each stop to ensure a thoroughly laid-back experience.
- The food tour involves a certain amount of uphill walking on cobblestones and climbing down steps, typical from old Lisbon streets.
- Minimum of four persons per tour.
- Food Lover Tour® requires full online payment in order to complete the booking.
In front of the Statue Busto Dr. Sousa Viterbo, near Esplanada Cafe, Praça do Príncipe Real 23, 1250-096 Lisboa
Holiday closures: December 24th, 25th, 31st and January 1st