Spoil your senses with our most exquisite petiscos and wine in Porto on this culinary adventure. It’s ideal for foodies wishing to explore the local cuisine.
Porto Brunch Petiscos Tour
Try the best meals in Porto!
- Adults 13+ years old
- Children 2-12 years old
Enjoy a Traditional Petiscos Brunch
Everyone knows that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so start your day off right! Join us on this petiscos brunch and market tour in Porto to see what the locals enjoy eating in the morning and to take in the city’s early day atmosphere. Live a morning in the life of a Porto native, eating all the best local foods along the way!
Mornings in the city are fascinating because they always show you the most authentic aspect of how its inhabitants live in their hometown. Drinking coffee at the café is a social activity shared by almost all Portuguese people, so it is not surprising that Portugal has developed a unique coffee culture and locals meet daily at the café. It’s a unique cultural custom that is explained by our local experts during this tour.
We have designed this adventure to show you the way locals live and interact in the city through the spectrum of food. At each stop of our petiscos brunch tour, you taste an important element of the cuisine of Porto and Portugal. You also learn about the families and history behind each of the cafes, grocery shops and restaurants that you visit.
As food experts, we guide you through a succession of typical moments of life, starting with an elegant café to explore what a typical Portuguese breakfast is like. Our second stop, a most compulsory and traditional moment of the morning, the café with nata, takes you through the history of the country. By visiting Porto’s main market, you also learn about another classic moment of the morning known as lanchar, which could be also called a second breakfast or morning snack.
Visit the most authentic gems on the off-the-beaten-track in the Bolhão neighborhood and weave in and out of locals doing their shopping as you learn about their daily customs and traditions during our brunch tour. By the end of the adventure, you’ll know exactly what it means to eat petiscos and live like a local!
The Porto Market Petiscos Brunch
First, we begin our brunch tour at exactly the peak time for many cafés, and we start our journey with a unique, and most typical, local breakfast. To continue the adventure, we pass by a homemade cake bakery to try delicious bites of warm pasteis de nata.
Then, as a third stop, we believe that any good food tour, especially in the morning, must include a local food market! That is why we have chosen the most typical and high-quality markets in town to continue our adventure and show you some of the best fresh products our region offers.
Your tasty bites during the petiscos brunch include presunto (Portuguese ham), local cheeses, delicious olives, and our incredible Green Wine. On our way to the last stop, you discover a very old grocery store from the 1900s with local specialty foods; the flavors and scents of this place are magical!
To finish up after these four very different experiences, we end the morning like locals do, in one of the most popular restaurants in the area. This is a favorite spot among the residents, for what is, again, a must-do local tradition, the bifana sandwich of Porto and Portuguese beer! It’s quite an old specialty of the city, and you discover why Porto’s residents are called the “Tripeiros.”
- A most complete and fun petiscos brunch, including the must-eats of our local culture
- The perfect balance between sweet and salty food for the whole family
- Specialized guide, small group and local areas in which to enjoy the authentic side of the city
- Food tour with a good amount of food: about 10 – 12 petiscos servings and drink pairings
- Abundant information about Portuguese food, history, architecture, local culture and lifestyle
- You may join a small group of travelers during the tour. Please feel free to request a 100% private tour for you or for a larger group.
- Tour guide gratuities are always graciously accepted.
- Tour runs rain or shine.
- Price includes food + drinks, guide services and 23% local taxes.
- A three-hour walking tour with less than 10 minutes between each stop to ensure a thoroughly laid-back experience
- Additional orders should be paid separately.
- Minimum of four persons to run a tour.
- Food Lover Tour® requires full online payment in order to complete the booking.
- Private tour available for this experience, see option in the booking process.
Holiday closures: January 1st,2nd, Carnaval day, Easter Monday, April 25th, May 1st, 10th June, August 15th, October 5th, November 1st, December 1st, 8th, 24th, 25th, 31st