Let us take you on a tapas tour around Madrid to show you where the locals meet and eat and where you can immerse yourself in Madrid’s culture.
- Adults 12+ years old
- Children 2-11 years old
Visit the Best Dessert Places in Madrid
Something very rich and indulgent is waiting for you in Madrid. This experience is aimed at any sweet tooth, including families, children, and adults. If you have a taste for all things sweet, you must take this tour!
Madrid is a city for foodies and, of course, for the most demanding of sweet palates. The King and the royal family have lived here for centuries, and some of the sweets they eat were and are supplied by Madrid pastry shops that we visit during this experience. We visit five modern and traditional spots, three of which go back generations, that are sure to amaze both children and adults.
Try traditional pastries, churros with chocolate, nougat, ice cream and more surprises from Madrid, Spain and the Mediterranean, all of which are sweet and decadent. If there comes a point where you cannot eat more, don’t worry! You can ask to have your sweets packaged to go.
Everything is handmade and of the highest quality. Learn interesting facts, delicious secrets, and the stories behind traditional sweets. You also learn about the history of Madrid. We meet in the famed Puerta del Sol, in the heart of the city center, where we discover its evolution and importance in its historical context.
We are not going to walk too much because the point is to eat sweets! We travel 300 meters through old Madrid until arriving, after two and a half hours, to the Plaza de Oriente. This is the ending point of the experience.
You’ll remember this sweet afternoon in Madrid forever!
A Family-Friendly History & Desserts Experience
Take a tour through the center of Madrid that’s focused on the most traditional desserts of the city while noting the greatest cultural points of interest along the way.
- All pastries and sweets tastings are included in the price of the Madrid sweet tour.
- We speak English and Spanish.
- This is a midday tour where an average of 6 – 7 desserts are tasted. If your appetite is average, we recommend you eat light (or don’t eat at all) before the tour!
- Some information about architecture, history and culture
- You may join a small group of travelers on the sweets tasting in Madrid. Please feel free to request a 100% private tour for you or for a larger group.
- Tour guide gratuities are always graciously accepted.
- Tour runs rain or shine.
- Price includes all food + drinks and restaurant taxes.
- Additional orders should be paid separately.
- Walking distance during the tour: approx. 300 m (at a reasonable and flexible pace) with 5 – 6 stops along the way
- Minimum of four persons per tour.
- This tour is family-friendly! Consider the walking distance for toddlers.
- Food Lover Tour® requires full online payment in order to complete the booking.
Holiday closures: December 24th, 25th, 31st and January 1st