Let us take you on a tapas tour around Madrid to show you where the locals meet and eat and where you can immerse yourself in Madrid’s culture.
- Adults 12+ years old
- Children 2-11 years old
Enjoy Lunch at a Local Market in Madrid
Have you ever been to a Spanish food market? Traditional markets have been the center of daily activity for centuries in the neighbourhoods of Madrid, yet they remain generally unknown to the majority of tourists! Come with us to tour a food market in Madrid and experience it using all your senses. Take in the sights, smells and tastes, and shop like a local!
Our authentic Madrid food market tour includes five stops to sample some of the most typical Spanish tapas such as olives, meats and cheeses, and of course, the famous and mouth-watering jamón ibérico, hand carved before your very eyes!
Don’t forget about the drinks! All these tapas deserve to be paired with a worthy drink, so you get to try delicious local wines that pair perfectly with the food on our Madrid food market tour. Other drinks are also provided as an alternative, of course.
This fantastic food market excursion includes a full tapas lunch where you enjoy unforgettable dishes, tasty Spanish wine and the final touch, a typical dessert — the perfect way to finish your meal!
Experience the Spirit of the Spanish Capital
During our walking Madrid food market tour, your guide tells you about the history, culture and architecture of Madrid through its bustling markets. You also learn how and what locals love to eat and their favorite culinary traditions.
- Five stops where a variety of traditional dishes are served by gourmet foodies and chefs selected for their expertise and reputation
- Local wines and other beverages paired with the food are all included in the price.
- The combination of the five tapas tasting menus consists of 10 – 12 individual dishes and make up a full and complete meal.
- We speak English and Spanish.
- A lot of food: 9 – 10 tapas servings. If your appetite is average, we recommend you eat light before the tour!
- Abundant information about Spanish food, culture and lifestyle
- You may join a small group of travelers on the Madrid food market tour. Please feel free to request a 100% private tour for you or for a larger group.
- Tour guide gratuities always graciously accepted.
- Tour runs rain or shine.
- Price includes all food + drinks and restaurant taxes. Additional orders should be paid separately.
- Walking distance during the tour: approx. 1 km divided into four lengths
- Minimum of four persons per tour.
- Family-friendly: The market tour is the perfect option for families who are looking for an activity that will not only stimulate the taste buds but also the mind.
- Food Lover Tour® requires full online payment in order to complete the booking.
Holiday closures: Dec 24th, 25th, 31st and Jan 1st