Spoil your senses with our most exquisite tapas and wine pairing tour in Barcelona. It’s ideal for foodies wishing to explore the local cuisine.
- Adults 12+ years old
- Children 2-11 years old
A Barcelona Food Market Adventure
Join us as we eat our way through the market! This adventure is a real culinary experience with a complete immersion in an emblematic Barcelona food market. We enjoy a typical Spanish tapas lunch followed by a delicious and sweet surprise!
No visit to any city or region is truly complete without sampling the local culinary customs. With this in mind, Food Lover Tour® created the Barcelona Local Food Market Tour.
Food lovers of all ages have the opportunity to participate in the local food culture with a visit to an authentic Barcelona food market, sampling gastronomic tapas at five stops, including a wonderful dessert that is sure to leave you with a lasting memory. This midday activity can be scheduled before or after other plans and is suitable for the whole family!
Seeing a Barcelona food market is an essential ingredient to the local culture and its culinary reputation. Filled with life and colour, these Catalan markets supply homes and restaurants with seasonal and fresh produce that form the foundation of its cuisine. The different food stands are often managed by the same families over generations and generations, and these people are genuine experts and a source of knowledge for shoppers.
Authentic Market Food & Drinks!
On our Barcelona market tour, you eat at one of the most emblematic markets in the city, in the Eixample neighborhood, where you can sample the best Spanish ham, cold cuts, seafood, cheeses, tortilla de patatas and croquetas, along with typical dishes you may not have heard of before!
- Five stops: Discover this very emblematic Barcelona food market where a variety of typical shared dishes are served by passionate Catalan grocers, butchers, bakers and shop-keepers selected for their expertise and reputation and enjoy a luxurious dessert with a glass of local champagne (cava) at the last stop. Local wines and other beverages paired with the food offering are all included in the price.
- The combination of the four tapas tasting menus inside the food market consists of 10 – 12 individual dishes and make up a full and complete meal plus a typical dessert and a glass of cava at the end.
- We speak (upon request) English, French, Spanish, Italian, Romanian and Catalan.
- A full meal: 10 – 12 tapas servings.
- Abundant information about Catalan and Spanish food, culture and lifestyle.
- You may join a small group of travelers. Please feel free to request a 100% private tour for you or for a larger group.
- Tour guide gratuities always graciously accepted.
- Tour runs rain or shine.
- Price includes all food + drinks. Additional orders should be paid separately.
- Walking distance during the tour: less than 200m.
- Minimum of 4 persons per tour.
- Family-friendly: The Barcelona Market Tapas Lunch Tour is the perfect option for families who are looking for an activity that will not only stimulate the taste buds but also the mind.
- Food Lover Tour® requires full online payment in order to complete the booking.
- Private tour available for this experience, see option in the booking process.
Holiday closures: Dec 24th, 25th, 31st and Jan 1st