Spoil your senses with our most exquisite tapas and wine pairing tour in Barcelona. It’s ideal for foodies wishing to explore the local cuisine.
- Adults 12+ years old
- Children 2-11 years old
The Local Brunch Tapas Tour in Barcelona
Everyone knows that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so start your day off right! Join us on this tapas brunch in Barcelona to see what the locals enjoy eating in the morning and take in the city’s morning atmosphere. Experience a morning like a Barcelona native, eating all the best breakfast foods along the way!
This fun tapas brunch in Barcelona is designed to show you the essential morning food habits you can find in Spain and nowhere else. Live a typical Spanish morning food adventure, a full immersion in the local traditions and culinary behaviors. Don’t miss the opportunity to experience Barcelona on a fun and colorful must-do food tour.
Mornings in the city are fascinating because they always show you the most authentic aspect of how its inhabitants live in their hometown. Office workers, delivery men, transporters, freelancers, public employees, all can be found around 10 am outside their offices and in the cafés for a quick breakfast break! It’s a unique cultural custom, a moment of the day where everybody suddenly leaves the offices for the corner cafés in town, which you get to experience with a local expert.
We have designed this adventure to show you the way locals live and interact in the city through the spectrum of food. As food experts, we guide you through a succession of typical moments of life, starting with the first stop, a most compulsory and traditional morning moment of the day. It’s known as “el almuerzo corto,” which could be also called second breakfast.
Visit the most authentic gems in the hip Gothic and Born areas, and weave in and out of locals doing their shopping as you learn about their daily customs and traditions during our Barcelona Tapas Brunch. By the end of the adventure, you’ll know exactly what it means to do tapas like a local and why tapas culture in the morning can’t exist outside of Spain (so you’ll have to come back!).
A Most Surprising Experience, the Barcelona Tapas Brunch Is More Than a Tour!
First, we begin our tapas brunch in Barcelona at exactly the peak time for many cafés, and we start our peregrination with a unique, and most typical, local breakfast. To continue the adventure, we pass by an old, traditional corner xurreria for some crispy, delicious bites of warm churros. Then, as a third stop, we believe that any good food tour, especially in the morning, must include a local food market! That is why we have chosen one of the most typical and high-quality markets in town, away from the more touristy ones, to continue our adventure and show you some of the best fresh products our region offers.
Your tasty bites during our Barcelona Tapas Brunch include jamon Iberico (Spanish ham), local cheeses, delicious olives, and our incredible local champagne, cava. To finish up after these three very different experiences, we end up like locals do, in one of the most popular bodegas in the area. This is a favorite spot among the residents for what is, again, a must-do local tradition, the vermut appetizer! It’s quite an old tradition that came back into fashion a few years ago and became a hit with Barcelona’s residents.
- A most complete and fun Barcelona Brunch Tapas Tour, including the must-eats of our local culture.
- The perfect balance between sweet and salty food for the whole family
- Specialized guide, small group, and local areas in which to enjoy the authentic side of the city.
- Food tour with a good amount of food: about 10 – 12 tapas servings and drink pairings
- Abundant information about Spanish food, history, architecture, local culture and lifestyle.
- You may join a small group of travelers during our Barcelona Tapas Brunch. Please feel free to request a 100% private tour for you or for a larger group.
- Tour guide gratuities are always graciously accepted.
- Tour runs rain or shine. Price includes food and drinks, guide services and 21% local taxes.
- Additional orders should be paid separately.
- Minimum of four persons to run a tour.
- Food Lover Tour® requires full online payment in order to complete the booking.
- Private tour available for this experience, see option in the booking process.
Holiday closures: Dec 24th, 25th, 31st and Jan 1st