Indulge in the most gastronomic adventure in Madrid food tour. Traditional tapas bars and elegeant historical restaurants on the menu.
Madrid Tapas Crawl Tour
Get to know the least touristy tapas bars in town!
- Adults 12+ years old
- Children 2-11 years old
The Madrid Tapas Crawl Tour
Madrileños love to eat traditional products and dishes from their beloved city. On this walking food tour, we want you to feel like a local by experiencing picoteo in Madrid, the authentic and timeless art of bar-crawling and tapas sampling. Join us on a historical, cultural and gastronomic journey and share our passion for Madrid. Where the locals go, we go!
The origins of the word “picoteo” lie in the verb “picar,” which means eating small bites from several shared plates. This is also known as “tapeo,” or a tapas crawl. We want to share picoteo in Madrid with you!
In the early evening, we take you on a tour to see the most emblematic highlights of one of Madrid’s most vibrant neighbourhoods over three hours. Our culinary journey starts at a traditional bodega serving delicious Spanish tapas, a local favorite that’s been around for decades. Over the next two stops, we try some amazing meat and fish dishes from Madrid, along with some cold draft beer and local wines.
To conclude our picoteo in Madrid, we finish at a traditional restaurant featuring cuisine from the north of Spain. An outstanding discovery, it’s a family-owned gem specializing in Galician-style tapas.
Tasty Tapas, Refreshing Drinks, Amazing Bars, Repeat!
Our Madrid picoteo tour includes five stops in one of Madrid’s most exclusive neighborhoods, approved by local foodies.
- A full meal: Taste 10 – 12 tapas servings that are broadly equivalent to a full meal.
- Drinks: Have one drink at each stop, ranging from refreshing draft beer, excellent wines, and vermouth to non-alcoholic beverages. We give you our recommendations as to which drink pairs with which dish, but ultimately you choose.
- Hand-picked places: Choosing the best bar in each area is not an easy task, even for a madrileño, due to the rich offerings. We do it for you by personally selecting the most authentic and exquisite stops, so all you have to do is come hungry!
- We speak English and Spanish.
- A good amount of food: 10 – 12 tapas servings
- Abundant information about Spanish food, history and local culture and lifestyle
- You may join a small group of travelers on our picoteo tour in Madrid. Please feel free to request a 100% private tour for you or for a larger group.
- Tour guide gratuities always graciously accepted.
- Tour runs rain or shine.
- Price includes all food + drinks and restaurant taxes. Additional orders should be paid separately.
- A 2.5 to 3h walking tour with less than 5 minutes between each stop to ensure a thoroughly laid-back experience on foot
- Minimum of four persons per tour.
- Private tour available for this experience, see option in the booking process.
- Food Lover Tour® requires a full online payment in order to complete the booking.
Holiday closures: Dec 24th, 25th, 31st and Jan 1st