Let us take you to our favourite spots, away from the crowds, to experience the real Lisboa while tasting traditional petiscos and learning about the local history.
Lisbon Food & Fado Tour
Experience Lisbon’s best fado!
- Adults 10+ years old
Lisbon Cuisine & Fado Music Experience
On this gourmet tour, you not only taste some of Portugal’s finest food, but you also do so in three authentic Lisbon settings, listening to the greatest fado singers of our generation.
Fado and food are abundant in Lisbon; the tricky thing is finding the authentic places where to enjoy not just food but great food and deeply moving professional fado instead of tourist trap amateurs. Our mission is to take you places you are very unlikely to end up in otherwise and offer you a taste of the highest quality Portuguese dishes.
In three unique venues, you experience the traditional Lisbon evening, tasting wines, sharing some food and listening to the beautiful saudades of fado. For those who are still confused about what this fado is all about, we recommend you leave it to your heart and ears to discover.
Defining fado would be useless as each singer and every musician has their own distinctive touches, and though the words are mostly sorrowful, they are sure to surprise you with an occasional light and joyful tune.
Experience Lisbon with Your Tastebuds & Soul
With a maximum of ten people per tour, we can assure you personal attention and a unique experience. Our passionate guides share stories about the history and traditions of Portugal, and you also learn about and taste local wines and many other great local treats to make your Lisboa experience truly memorable. By the end of the tour, you’ll have not only a pleasantly full stomach but also a rich understanding of what it means to be a part of this city.
- The tour takes place walking from Praca do Comercio to the lesser-known areas of Alafama and the sea neigbourhoods.
- A three-stop journey starting in a traditional Portuguese tavern, followed by a six-course tasting menu with wine pairings, and ending in Lisbon’s Temple of Fado
- We speak English and Portuguese, (Spanish, German & French upon request).
- A lot of food: 14 – 16 petiscos and gourmet meal servings. If you don’t have a huge appetite, we recommend eating lightly before the tour!
- Abundant information about Portuguese food, history, local culture and lifestyle
- You may join a small group of travelers. Please feel free to request a 100% private tour for you or for a larger group.
- Tour guide gratuities are always graciously accepted.
- Tour runs rain or shine.
- Price includes all food + drinks and restaurant taxes. Additional orders should be paid separately.
- A four-hour tour with less than 10 minutes walking between each stop to ensure a thoroughly laid-back experience.
- This food tour involves a certain amount of uphill walking on cobblestones and climbing down steps, typical from old Lisbon streets.
- Minimum of four persons per tour.
- Food Lover Tour® requires a full online payment in order to complete the booking.
- Private tour available for this experience, see option in the booking process.
Casa dos Bicos, Rua dos Bacalhoeiros 10, 1100-135 Lisboa, under the olive tree
Holiday closures: December 24th, 25th, 31st and January 1st