Our highly-respected sommelier will make sure that you have privileged access to the most unique and exclusive local wines. You will learn about and taste some of the most amazing Spanish wines on this urban wine tour, everything from white to red and the local cava. We will share our passion for Spanish wines and will also provide an incredible range of fresh tapas to accompany this experience.
Ashleydanielle87 – tripadvisor.com
€53 (21% Spanish VAT included)
Exit of metro station Fontana (green line, L3) - Gran de Gràcia and Astúries streetcorner
English, Spanish, Catalan, French
5-6 wine tastings with light tapas pairing (appetizers)
Tuesday - Friday
December 24th, 25th, 31st and January 1st
Climate conditions make Spain the world’s top wine producer since 2013, with the largest planted surface area of vineyards in the world. In fact, its potential is such that in 2014 Spain also became the world’s biggest wine exporter. Catalonia in particular has a long history of wine production and nowadays is responsible for producing some of the most prestigious wines in Spain.
The Wine Lover Tour is all about superb Spanish wines matched with local and typical tapas paired with great company. Taste and learn about superb, rare and undiscovered Spanish wines with high quality products in a local Barcelona neighborhood, the heart of the Gracia district, perfect for real wine lovers willing to discover the roots of our Catalan culture. An authentic evening urban wine tasting experience with quality, professionalism and fun.
Your private guide is first of all a professional sommelier, a specialist who is passionate about his job and particularly creative when it comes to selecting local Spanish wines. Constantly researching and making sure to present the most appropriate wines for the season, you will test a full range of different varieties on this urban wine tour, from white to red and our renowned cava.
The Wine Lover Tour has been created to let you experience a wine tasting with food pairings over a few hours after a long day outside visiting the city in a very laid-back atmosphere. To feel like a local and discover the real soul of our city, we have chosen to locate this Spanish urban wine tasting experience in a typical and well-respected wine shop in Gràcia specialized in organic wines.
• Wines and food tasting included in the price.
• You will have the opportunity to test some of the most classical products Catalunya offers, such as embutidos (cured meats), local cheese, ham and few secret and delicious products chosen by our sommelier to match the wines.
• We speak (upon request) English, French, Spanish and Catalan.
• 5 to 6 wine tastings with tapas pairings, driven by a professional sommelier on this urban wine tour.
• Abundant information about Catalan and Spanish wine, food, oenology and culture.
• You may join a small group of travelers. Please feel free to request a 100% private tour for you or for a larger group.
• Tour guide gratuities always graciously accepted.
• Tour runs rain or shine.
• Price includes all food + drinks. Additional orders should be paid separately.
• Walking distance during the tour: 450m.
• Minimum 4 persons per tour.
• Food Lover Tour requires a 50% deposit in order to complete the booking. The remaining balance should be paid to your guide at the end of the tour.
We tried 5 wines in total (one cava, 2 whites, and 2 reds) from the Catalonia region and learned so much from our sommelier! The tastings were accompanied by bread, meat, and cheese typical of the area. The whole tour was laid back and informative set in an informal atmosphere that was encouraging and inclusive. We walked away with great new friends and a lot more knowledge about Spanish wines! This was a highlight of our trip and I highly recommend it!
The wine was great and I loved his appreciation for a holistic and thoughtful approach to wine making. I learned a lot and have carried away new respect for choosing wines and knowing the story of their makers.
It was lovely to sit around one big table in a great establishment - a fantastic large wine shop. We tasted really interesting wines with generous pours and top-ups and had some great authentic tapas. Very highly recommended!