Learn the secrets of FC Barcelona with a sports journalist through a VIP visit of Camp Nou Stadium & Museum.
Bordeaux Food and History Tour
Eat your way through Bordeaux history with contributions from Romans to the Americas on a delicious walking food tour!
- Five tastings for 1-2 people 12+ years old
- Each following client up to six canelé, ice cream, cheese, charcuterie, wine
- Child 2 - 11 years
BORDEAUX FOOD AND HISTORY TOUR
A city like Bordeaux has its own culinary culture and cuisine, but so much has been influenced by the many peoples who have lived here. Starting with Burdigala under the Romans and the subsequent English rule starting with Eleanor (Alienor) of Aquitaine, come taste history with us! We will learn about the evolution of the wine and spice trade with the far East, the triangle shipping trade in the Atlantic and how this created modern Bordeaux.
Bordeaux’s natural location between farm land in the East and the Atlantic fishing coast in the West, as well as being on the Garonne River, influences the availability of regional foods. We might talk about oysters which have been harvested for nearly 2,000 years here or duck foie gras production in Gironde. We will taste iconic desserts, regional cheeses, and local charcuterie. This is also a great introduction to the wines of Bordeaux, because there is so much more than bold reds!
This is a fun tour for families where we add activities for kids or groups of friends who want to share fun conversation over food and drink. Individuals who want to immerse themselves in food history will equally enjoy this tour. The ultimate foodie tour in Bordeaux, led by people who love and work in the local culinary world!
We work with small groups and visit small, intimate locations so you can meet the owners and learn from them. You can also stock up on local products to take to your hotel or rental apartment afterwards! Learning the layout of Bordeaux where we will share more foodie locations for you to visit in your own time from covered markets to streets filled with epiceries, fromageries, and more!
- The Bordeaux Food and History Tour takes you through historic Saint Pierre with it’s narrow streets and into the historic center of Bordeaux at the Grand Theatre.
- Stopping at five different locations, a pastry shop, spice shop, fromagerie, regional food store and wine bar.
- We speak English, French and Italian
- A glass of local wine is the perfect ending, but it might not be the typical Bordeaux you are used to!
- A good amount of food: 4-5 food servings
- A local perspective on local culinary culture and life in SW France, with plenty of interesting antidotes
- Private tours available on request
- Tour guide gratuities always graciously accepted.
- Tour runs rain or shine, please dress for the weather and bring a bottle of water
- Price includes all food + drinks mentioned in tour. Additional orders should be paid separately.
- A two and half hour walking tour with less than 10 minutes between each stop to ensure a thoroughly laid-back Bordeaux experience on foot.
- Minimum of 2 persons per tour.
- Food Lover Tour® requires full online payment in order to complete the booking.
- Private tour available for this experience, see option in the booking process.