Spoil your senses with our most exquisite petiscos and wine in Porto on this culinary adventure. It’s ideal for foodies wishing to explore the local cuisine and who want to enjoy their stay in our beautiful city, away from the most touristy spots. Take part of our Petiscos and Wine tour, just like the locals do!
€55 Adult / €45 Children -12 yo (23% Portuguese VAT included)
Principe Real, Madragoa
Esplanada Cafe, Praça do Príncipe Real 23, 1250-096 Lisboa
English, Portuguese, French and Dutch
Full meal (12-14 petiscos servings)
From Tuesday to Sunday
December 24th, 25th, 31st and January 1st
The origins of the word “petiscos” lie in the verb “petiscar,” which means tasting and eating these small sized dishes, whichc are generally best shared with friends! We will take you on our Original Petiscos Crawl Adventure to try the best local petiscos and wine of Porto. During this walking, eating and drinking tour you will learn not just about the food or wine but also about the historical events which shaped this rich culture. Each of the stops will lead you to a unique piece of the puzzle that constitutes Portugal.
Leave the tourist track behind you as our route will offer you a more authentic approach to the city! The Original Petiscos Crawl Adventure is an authentic lifestyle adventure in Porto. We will take you to 5 traditional places, and in each one we will enjoy the local specialty food and wines in a unique gastronomic experience. Join us for the best petiscos and wine in Porto, as well as an entertaining foodie adventure!
The first stop takes place in an authentic bodega, which is very well-known by local wine lovers for their great Porto wines. This is where we will start our tour, with a fine wine tasting and an introduction to the secrets of Porto wines. You will become familiar with the basics of this fortified wine.
You will feel as if you’ve stepped back in time at the next stop, a 1950s restaurant that has kept all its charm. Here we will try some amazing local snacks, such as hot and cold appetizers. You will be drawn in by its captivating atmosphere and we will explain to you our culture’s approach to dining. At our third stop we’ll continue enjoying good petiscos and wine from Porto, discovering the iconic Vinho verde (green wine), with an explanation of the different wine regions in Portugal. Passionate for providing the highest-quality local food possible, the owner of the wine bar will let us enjoy some local specialties like fresh olives, meats and cheeses, essential for appreciating a good glass of wine. The fourth stop will be a typical petiscos tavern with delicious Portuguese specialties, located on one of the most famous gastronomic streets of the city. This stop will be a pure delight on this tour if you like traditional cuisine! The last stop depends on the day and the season, but will be a lovely place to end with a delicious sweet. No doubt you will love it ! These five stops will fully immerse you in the world of petiscos and wine in Porto. As we like to say in Porto, bom apetite!
• A most complete and fun Original Petiscos Crawl Adventure, including the must-eats of our local culture.
• The perfect balance between sweet & salty food for the whole family.
• Specialized guide, small group and local areas in which to enjoy the true petiscos and wine of Porto.
• Food tour with a good amount of food: about 12-14 petiscos servings and drink pairings.
• Abundant information about Portuguese food, history, architecture, local culture and lifestyle.
• You may join a small group of travelers during our Original Petiscos Crawl Adventure. Please feel free to request a 100% private tour for you or for a larger group.
• Tour guide gratuities are always graciously accepted.
• Tour runs rain or shine.
• Price includes food + drinks, guide services and 23% local taxes.
• A 3-hour walking tour with less than 10 minutes between each stop to ensure a thoroughly laid-back, Porto Petiscos & Wine, on-foot experience. • Additional orders should be paid separately.
• Minimum 4 persons to run a tour.
• Food Lover Tour requires an initial online deposit of 12% in order to complete the booking. The remaining balance should be paid to your guide at the end of the tour in the morning.
Thomas has a tour of "hole in the wall wine bars, restaurants and delicatessens where we were presented with local food beautifully prepared and presented with matching wines. We were exposed to many unique aspects of Portuguese cuisine and wines. All in a delightful evening that defines what travel is about - convivial company, good food and wine and an unique cultural experience
Extraordinary! It was definitely a unique experience. And a great opportunity to discover the city. Thomas knows his neighborhood and its history and he was a fantastic and funny guide. All the dishes are perfectly paired with wines and the alcohols were very delicates. All the places together are like a nice, tasty and exhaustive painting of what could be Lisbon. Take your camera too. There are opportunities to take marvelous pictures on the tour!
I absolutely loved this tour! Thomas took us to 5 AMAZING spots that I would have never discovered on my own! So much food and (Website hidden by Airbnb) come hungry and thirsty! I highly recommend!
Thomas was great! I really enjoyed each place he took us to. I also enjoyed the other people in the tour (two Americans and an Aussie). The food and wine were great! Such a great way to spend an evening!!! I wouldn’t have found these places or neighborhoods on my own.