Spoil your senses with our most exquisite tapas and wine pairing Barcelona food tour. It’s ideal for foodies wishing to explore the local cuisine.
Valencia Market Brunch Tour
The Local “Esmorzaret Valenciano” Brunch Tapas Tour in Valencia!
- Person in a private group
- Adult 12+
- Child 2-11
Sample the best Tapas on our Market & Brunch Tapas Tour in Valencia
Mornings in the city are fascinating because they always show you the most authentic aspect of how its inhabitants live in their hometown. Having a local brunch called almuerzo is a social activity shared by almost all people in Valencia. “Almorzar” is a gastronomic tradition that defines what Valencia is like and what its people are like: an irreducible village, proud of its culinary localisms! This unique cultural custom is explained more in detail by our local experts during this tour.
First, we begin our tapas brunch in Valencia at exactly the peak time for many cafés, and we start our peregrination with a unique, and most typical, local breakfast. To continue the adventure we will discover Valencia’s old stores and taste their fresh products, visit the emblematic central market (Mercado Central) where we will eat Iberian ham, olives, cheese and wine from the region. Then, we will go to a local bar where we will sample an authentic almuerzo/brunch as the Valencianos do: the iconic Esmorzaret! To finish up after these very different experiences we end up with a must-do local tradition, the delicious “Orchata”!
We have designed this adventure to show you the way locals live and interact in the city through the spectrum of food. At each stop of our market brunch tour, you taste an important element of the cuisine of Valencia and Spain. You also learn about the families and history behind each of the cafe, grocery shop and restaurant that you visit.
If you have just arrived in town this is a perfect introduction to the Spanish gastronomy, the essentials of Valencia and the local culture. More than a tour, we will live a cultural, walking and gastronomic tour in the same experience. By the end of the adventure, you’ll know exactly why “Esmorzaret Valenciano” culture in the morning can’t exist outside of Valencia (so you’ll have to come back!).
A MOST SURPRISING EXPERIENCE, THE TAPAS VALENCIA MARKET BRUNCH IS MORE THAN A TOUR!
For the experience to be truly memorable, we guarantee personalized attention and a great atmosphere. We only accept groups of up to 10 people max, and our guides will make sure you learn everything you need to make the experience as authentic and real as it can possibly be. You will leave this tour with a full stomach, a happy face, and a lot of anecdotes and the idiosyncrasies that make Valencia unforgettable.
● The Valencia Market Brunch tour covers the following historic neighborhoods: Mercado Central & Carmen (Ciutat Vella district).
● A five-stop journey that includes 10-12 succulent tapas and 5 delicious local drinks
● We speak English (upon request French, Spanish).
○ A good amount of food: 10 – 12 tapas servings.
○ Abundant information about Spanish food, history and local culture and lifestyle
○ Minimum of 4 people per tour.
○ You may join a small group of travelers. Please feel free to request a 100% private tour for you or for a larger group. ○ Private tour option available in the booking process (100e / group).
○ Additional orders should be paid separately.
○ A three-hour walking tour with less than 10 minutes between each stop to ensure a comfortable on-foot experience. Walking distance during the tour: approx. 2km
○ We’re sorry–this tour is not suitable for vegans.
○ Food Lover Tour® requires full online payment in order to complete the booking.
○ Tour guide gratuities always graciously accepted.
○ Tour runs rain or shine.
○ Full amount refunded up to 48h before the tour for individuals, no refunds accepted after that.
Holiday closures: Dec 24th, 25th, 26th, 31st and Jan 1st, Fallas de Valencia