Life is sweet! Enjoy the most authentic family walking tour in Barcelona through the eyes of a pastry chef and learn with fun about the most delicious parts of our local traditions and history. Families with kids, history buffs, or simply lovers of churros, hot chocolate and delicious sophsticated pastries, this Barcelona sweet tour is the perfect morning adventure for you.
David B – tripadvisor.com
€49 Adult / €28 Children -12 yo (21% Spanish VAT included)
Gothic / Born
Plaça de Catalunya 19 - In front of Hotel Olivia Plaza
English, Spanish and Catalan
Only sweets (10 servings)
From Tuesday to Saturday
December 24th, 25th, 31st and January 1st
Barcelona is a city with a culinary tradition of which sweets, candies, pastries and desserts have played a central role since the medieval days. It was for centuries the first and major gateway of chocolate to Europe, and most of the major traditions and festivities of the Catalan culture are directly associated with some very special sweet affairs that have been passed down from generation to generation and can be found in every Catalan home still today.
The starting point of our Sweets Lover Tour is the very central Plaça Catalunya and the route of this Barcelona sweet tour roams through the alleys of the old city, ending at the charming and picturesque El Born district.
With the Sweets Lover Tour, indulge your sweet tooth with local chocolates, turrón, gelato, carquinyolis, churros, artisan caramels, panellets, bonbons, crema catalana and so much more…Our job on this Barcelona sweet tour is to take you on a journey through the tastes, facts, secrets and little side stories behind the traditional sweets, as well as the unusual and surprising new generation of artisanal delights.
During the Sweets Lover Tour, we’ll lead the way to all the must-see confectioneries and artisan sweets boutiques, so you can see them for yourself. You’ll learn insider stories and sample unique treats whilst soaking in the immense historical richness behind the walls of old Barcelona.
• All pastries and sweets tastings at the 8-9 stops are included in the price of the Barcelona sweet tour.
• We speak (upon request) English, French, Spanish and Catalan.
• This is a morning Barcelona sweet tour where an average of 10 desserts are tasted, if your appetite is average we recommend you eat light (or don’t eat at all) before the tour!
• Abundant information about Catalan and Spanish food, architecture, history and culture.
• You may join a small group of travelers. Please feel free to request a 100% private tour for you or for a larger group.
• Tour guide gratuities always graciously accepted.
• Tour runs rain or shine.
• Price includes all food + drinks and restaurant taxes. Additional orders should be paid separately.
• Walking distance during the tour: approx. 3 km (at a reasonable and flexible pace) with 8-9 stops along the way.
• Minimum 4 persons per tour.
• This tour is family-friendly! Consider walking distance for toddlers.
• We offer options for vegetarians/pescatarians/gluten and lactose intolerants upon request. Non-alcoholic alternatives are always available.
• Food Lover Tour requires a 50% deposit in order to complete the booking. The remaining balance should be paid to your guide at the end of the tour.
Great time had by both kids and parents. Good tour learning a little about the food and history of Barcelona. Tried different things that we may not have found including almond milk, the best churros in town and officially the best chocolate cake in world.
We did the Sweet Lover Tour to celebrate my wife's birthday and as we both have a sweet tooth I thought it would be a good idea for us. Spain is obviously fantastic for Tapas but we wanted to try the local sweets and learn more about the stories behind them and this tour was perfect for that and our guide gave us a great understanding and feel of the history behind these sweet delicacies we tasted. On top of that we saw more of the local sights so that made it better.
This tour was fantastic and our tour guide was a delight. Her knowledge of the locations, and the sweets we sampled was impeccable. The pace of the tour was enjoyable and the range of sweets was good. It was definitely a nice way to learn more about the city & the local food while satisfying our sweet tooth. We would definitely recommend this tour for anyone visiting Spain.
We had both been before to the city but going on the Sweet tour made us feel that we had seen a whole new side to the city that we had not seen before. We visited many different patisseries and shops and ate some of the most wonderful cakes and everything yummy in sight! Our guide knew so much about the food and the city whilst being so lovely and friendly that it was like wandering round with an old friend. Would 100% do this tour again, was worth every cent!