Join us as we eat the market! This adventure is a real culinary experience with a complete immersion in an emblematic Barcelona food market. We will enjoy a typical Spanish tapas lunch followed by a delicious and sweet surprise!
Homes11_CA – tripadvisor.com
€55 Adult / €39 Children -12 yo (21% Spanish VAT included)
Carrer de Mallorca 133 - Mercat del Ninot’s main entrance
English, French, Spanish, Italian, Romanian and Catalan
Full meal (10-12 tapas servings)
From Tuesday to Saturday
December 24th, 25th, 31st and January 1st
No visit to any city or region is truly complete unless the local culinary customs are sampled. With this in mind, Food Lover Tour adds another option to its range of authentic culinary experiences: the Market Lover Tour.
Food lovers of all ages will have the opportunity to participate in the local food culture with a visit to an authentic Barcelona food market, sampling gastronomic tapas at five stops, including a wonderful dessert that will leave you with a lasting memory. This midday activity can be scheduled before or after other plans and is suitable for the whole family!
Seeing a Barcelona food market is an essential ingredient to the local culture and its culinary reputation. Filled with life and colour, these Catalan markets supply homes and restaurants with seasonal and fresh produce that forms the foundation of its cuisine. The different food stands are often managed by the same families over generations and generations, and these people are genuine experts and a source of knowledge for shoppers.
On our Barcelona market tour, you will eat at one of the most emblematic markets in the city, in the Eixample neighborhood, where you will sample the best Spanish ham, cold cuts, seafood, cheeses, tortilla de patatas and croquetas, along with typical dishes you may not have heard of before!
• 5 stops: discover this very emblematic Barcelona food market where a variety of typical shared dishes will be served by passionate Catalan grocers, butchers, bakers and shop-keepers selected for their expertise and reputation and enjoy a luxurious dessert with a glass of local champagne (cava) at the last stop. Local wines and other beverages paired with the food offering are all included in the price.
• The combination of the four tapas tasting menus inside de food market consists of 10-12 individual dishes and make up a full and complete meal plus a typical dessert and a glass of cava at the end.
• We speak (upon request) English, French, Spanish, Italian, Romanian and Catalan.
• A full meal: 10-12 tapas servings.
• Abundant information about Catalan and Spanish food, culture and lifestyle.
• You may join a small group of travelers. Please feel free to request a 100% private tour for you or for a larger group.
• Tour guide gratuities always graciously accepted.
• Tour runs rain or shine.
• Price includes all food + drinks. Additional orders should be paid separately.
• Walking distance during the tour: less than 200m.
• Minimum 4 persons per tour.
• Family-friendly: the Market Lover Tour is the perfect option for families who are looking for an activity that will not only stimulate the taste buds but also the mind.
• Food Lover Tour requires a full online payment in order to complete the booking.
What a wonderful way to get to know Spain and its food! We did the 'Market' tour, and it was completely fantastic. Our guide took us through a very local (no other tourists!) marketplace brimming with jamon & cheese, fresh cherries, gorgeous cookies, amazing seafood & wine, and divine tapas!
We make a point of taking a food tour in every city we visit so we've developed very high expectations. Our guide met and exceeded our expectations. The market tour gave us lots of good info about local cuisine and lots to eat and drink as well. It was a casual, friendly walk through a fabulous market. It even pushed me to try things I've never tried.
The food we tried was some of the best I've ever tasted. Jamon Iberico, seafood, olives, red wine... all amazing. As we walked to the dessert shop our guide described some history and architecture of local neighborhoods and then we sampled some of the best desserts I've ever tasted. This tour was an amazing way to experience Spain.