“Tapeo,” or “picoteo,” is a tradition that allows you to sample a whole world of authentic dishes and wines in one single meal! We’re now offering you an authentic 5-stop tapas bar crawl with delicious local dishes. Come with us and discover some of these very special tapas places that local people go crazy for. Where the locals go, we go!
Mat M – tripadvisor.com
€65 Adult / €45 Children -12 yo (21% Spanish VAT included)
Centro histórico, Ensanche
Calle Alemania, right in front of the “Centro de Arte Contemporáneo” (CAC Málaga)
English and Spanish
Full meal (10-12 tapas servings)
From Tuesday to Saturday
December 24th, 25th, 31st and January 1st
The origins of the word “picoteo” comes from the verb “picar,” which means eating small bites from several shared plates. It is the essence of the tapas crawling.
Enjoy Malaga’s fantastic weather and atmosphere in a delicious food tour of 3 hours. More than visiting, we are going to make you feel the city just the way local people do it. From the very authentic and aged “Bodega” with the old wood barrels to the modern venues with a much more contemporary style, you will discover a great variety of places, food and drinks that makes of this city one of the greatest Spanish place to eat.
Our Tapas crawl is an authentic Mediterranean lifestyle adventure, through a delightful 5-stop gastronomic experience. In this tour you will be guided by of our food expert. Your guide will give you these tips only local people know and will share with you his passion for the city of Málaga, one of the jewels of the Mediterranean.
Get on board for the best foodie adventure in town. Enjoy a time of quality with a small group of adventurous foodies and discover these places you wouldn’t have discovered by yourself. Welcome to the Food Lover Tour!
With a maximum of 10 people. You guide will take you to five different places in two different neighbourhoods of Málaga. You will enjoy some of the very typical dishes of the city and also some other dishes only know by locals. Ensaladilla, cheese, cured ham, fried fish and croquetas are just few of the many dishes we are going to sample. Regarding drinks, we offer a wide variety as well.
• Taste 10-12 tapas servings of the best food in Malaga that are equivalent to a full meal.
• The tapas crawl is the best way to get acquainted with different neighbourhoods and Malaga’s tapas culture as well as its drinks. It’s more than a food tour, it’s a social experience for foodies!
• You will meet your group, 10 people maximum, and immerse yourself in Andalusian culture with our passionate guide.
• Our guide is a part of the group and makes sure that everyone is relaxed and included in the conversation. They will also give you some great ideas for the rest of the trip, too!
• We speak (upon request) English and Spanish.
• A good amount of food: 10-12 tapas servings.
• Loads of information about Spanish food, history and local culture and lifestyle, and the best food in Malaga.
• You may join a small group of travelers. Please feel free to request a 100% private tour for you or for a larger group.
• Tour guide gratuities always graciously accepted.
• Tour runs rain or shine.
• Price includes all food + drinks and restaurant taxes. Additional orders should be paid separately.
• A 3 hour walking tour with less than 5 mins between each stop to ensure a thoroughly laid-back, on-foot experience.
• Minimum 4 persons per tour.
• Food Lover Tour requires a full online payment in order to complete the booking.
"This was by far my favorite part of my visit to Spain! What a great way to sample all the local cuisine while getting a bit of history and great company. It is a good way to sample a few of the main dishes and drinks in some of the best places in the city. We went hungry and left absolutely stuffed."
We'd never taken a food tour before, and based on the excellent Tripadvisor reviews, we chose the Picoteo Lover Tour. Our guide showed us around 5 fantastic bars which were super authentic and not touristy, and the food and drink was incredibe at each! The evening was like spending time with a friend who had lots of local knowledge about food, drink and Spain. It was such a once-in-a-lifetime experience and made our holiday to Spain perfect!!
This was an excellent experience. My first time and I was worried at first about the cost and being a big of a big eater. It is definitely worth it as you get to go to 5 different "local" locations without the tourist crowd. By our final stop we all had as much beautiful food as we could get. Our group was diverse and very fun. I would have stayed out later with several of the groups were it not for an early flight. I would recommend this tour and do it again myself!
This was my first ever food tour, and it was such a highlight of my trip to Spain. There are a lot of touristy restaurants in Spain, and I really wanted to find where the locals eat and drink. I also really wanted to eat and drink great Spanish food and wines. This tour takes you to really exceptional places. It was a lot of fun, a lot of food and alcohol, and a lot of wonderful memories.