“Tapeo,” or “picoteo,” is a tradition that allows you to sample the most typical dishes and wines and some of the best food in Malaga all in one day! We’re now offering you an authentic 5-stop tapas bar crawl with delicious local dishes. On this historical walking tour through some of the city’s typical neighbourhoods, you’ll see how people eat and live. Where the locals go, we go!
Mat M – tripadvisor.com
€57 Adult / €45 Children -12 yo (21% Spanish VAT included)
Centro histórico, Ensanche
Plaza Félix Sáenz, Edificio HM, Centro histórico
English, Spanish and French
Full meal (10-12 tapas servings)
From Tuesday to Saturday
December 24th, 25th, 31st and January 1st
The origins of the word “picoteo” lie in the verb “picar,” which means eating small bites from several shared plates. This is also known as “tapeo,” or tapas crawl.
Enjoying Malaga’s fantastic weather, you will discover 5 authentic tapas bars and restaurants serving the best food in Malaga. You will take part in the old Malaga tradition of picoteo, or going out for tapas and savouring a glass of wine or beer.
Tapeo is an age-old Malaga custom that involves sampling the most typical dishes and wines. Variety is the spice of life! During this gastronomic experience you’ll find everything from the most traditional and delicious dishes to the most innovative and imaginative tapas.
It’s a really fun and informative experience to learn from your local tour guide, who will share their tips and insider knowledge as well as their passion for the city. They will show you not only the best food in Malaga but what they love about the city where they live, away from the tourist beat.
The Picoteo Lover Tour is an authentic Mediterranean lifestyle adventure, via a delightful 5-stop gastronomic experience.
Join us for the best food in town as well as an entertaining foodie adventure!
You will go to five different places on a tapas crawl in one of the most exclusive neighborhoods of Malaga, a favorite among local foodies.
• Taste 10-12 tapas servings of the best food in Malaga that are equivalent to a full meal.
• The Picoteo Lover Tour is the best way to get acquainted with different neighborhoods and Malaga’s tapas culture as well as its drinks. It’s more than a food tour, it’s a social experience for foodies!
• You will meet your group, 10 people maximum, and immerse yourself in Andalusian culture with our passionate guide.
• Our guide is a part of the group and makes sure that everyone is relaxed and included in the conversation. They will also give you some great ideas for the rest of the trip, too!
• We speak (upon request) English, Spanish, French.
• A good amount of food: 10-12 tapas servings.
• Loads of information about Spanish food, history and local culture and lifestyle, and the best food in Malaga.
• You may join a small group of travelers. Please feel free to request a 100% private tour for you or for a larger group.
• Tour guide gratuities always graciously accepted.
• Tour runs rain or shine.
• Price includes all food + drinks and restaurant taxes. Additional orders should be paid separately.
• A 3 hour walking tour with less than 5 mins between each stop to ensure a thoroughly laid-back, on-foot experience.
• Minimum 4 persons per tour.
• Food Lover Tour requires a 12% deposit in order to complete the booking. The remaining balance should be paid to your guide at the end of the tour.
"This was by far my favorite part of my visit to Spain! What a great way to sample all the local cuisine while getting a bit of history and great company. It is a good way to sample a few of the main dishes and drinks in some of the best places in the city. We went hungry and left absolutely stuffed."
We'd never taken a food tour before, and based on the excellent Tripadvisor reviews, we chose the Picoteo Lover Tour. Our guide showed us around 5 fantastic bars which were super authentic and not touristy, and the food and drink was incredibe at each! The evening was like spending time with a friend who had lots of local knowledge about food, drink and Spain. It was such a once-in-a-lifetime experience and made our holiday to Spain perfect!!
This was an excellent experience. My first time and I was worried at first about the cost and being a big of a big eater. It is definitely worth it as you get to go to 5 different "local" locations without the tourist crowd. By our final stop we all had as much beautiful food as we could get. Our group was diverse and very fun. I would have stayed out later with several of the groups were it not for an early flight. I would recommend this tour and do it again myself!
This was my first ever food tour, and it was such a highlight of my trip to Spain. There are a lot of touristy restaurants in Spain, and I really wanted to find where the locals eat and drink. I also really wanted to eat and drink great Spanish food and wines. This tour takes you to really exceptional places. It was a lot of fun, a lot of food and alcohol, and a lot of wonderful memories.