We offer a fascinating insight into Malaga’s food and shopping customs and culture. You will walk around, take in the appetizing smells and finally enjoy tapas directly from traders just like the local Malaga’s shoppers do!
Keith D – tripadvisor.com – tripadvisor.com
€65 €49 Adult / €50 €39 Children -12 yo (21% Spanish VAT included)
Centro de Arte Contemporáneo, Calle Alemania, S/N
English, Spanish and French
Full meal (12-14 tapas servings)
From Tuesday to Saturday
December 24th, 25th, 31st and January 1st
The lovely city of Malaga is home to many markets selling everything from the freshest tuna to the best Andalusian citrus fruits. If you want to discover the city that has lost none of its local character then book with us and get carried away by Food lover Tour!
The meeting point is located in an area known as Soho de Málaga, on the banks of the normally dry Guadalmedina river, in front of the Centro de Arte Contemporáneo. The CAC Málaga was officially opened on 17 February 2003 by her Royal Highness Infanta Cristina and in its first decade has established itself as one of the most important contemporary art museums in Europe.
From here it’s just a short distance to one of Malaga’s oldest barrios or neighbourhoods!
This market is located in the old neighbourhood of “El Perchel” where local fishermen used to hang the day’s catch to dry! A minimum of 4 food stands managed by families stretching back several generations will serve us tapas and explain how food and drinks play an huge part of the culture.
Let’s sample fresh products, seafood, savouring Malaga’s wines and discovering Andalusian shopping customs. We ensure an unforgettable market tour, a grastronomical and human experience!
On our Malaga market tour, you will savour dishes at one of the most traditional market, in the old fishermen’s part of the city, as a daily Malaga’s shopper.
• In the market, a minimum of 4 stops where a variety of typical shared dishes will be served . Local wines and other beverages paired with the food offering all included in the price.
• The combination of the four foodies experiences consists of 12-14 individual dishes and make up a full and complete meal.
• We speak (upon request) English, French and Spanish.
• A lot of food: 12-14 tapas servings, if you don’t have a huge appetite we recommend eating lightly before the tour!
• Loads of information about Spanish food, culture and lifestyle.
• You may join a small group of travellers. Please feel free to request a 100% private tour for you or for a larger group.
• Additional orders should be paid separately.
• Walking distance during the tour: approx. 1km divided in 4 lengths.
• Minimum 3 person per tour.
• Family-friendly: the Market Lover Tour is the perfect option for families who are looking for an activity that will not only stimulate the taste buds but also the mind.
• Food Lover Tour requires a 12% deposit in order to complete the booking. The remaining balance should be paid to your guide at the end of the tour.
€57 ADULT | €45 CHILDREN
This is a 5-stop tour divided over 5 different food locations, from historical local bars to the best hard to find places, where several emblematic Malaga neighbourhoods come together to provide an authentic culinary experience.
NEW FAMILY FRIENDLY DAYTIME