We offer a fascinating insight into Malaga’s food, shopping customs and culture. You will walk around, take in the appetizing smells and enjoy tapas directly from vendors in a Malaga market just like the local shoppers do!
Vhenr75 – tripadvisor.com – tripadvisor.com
€49 Adult / €39 Children -12 yo (21% Spanish VAT included)
Centro de Arte Contemporáneo, Calle Alemania, S/N
English, Spanish and French
Full meal (12-14 tapas servings)
From Tuesday to Saturday
December 24th, 25th, 31st and January 1st
The enchanting city of Malaga is home to many markets selling everything from the freshest fish to the best Andalusian citrus fruits. If you want to discover the city that has lost none of its local character throughout the centuries, then book with us and discover a Malaga market just like a local.
The meeting point is located in an area known as Soho de Málaga, on the banks of the Guadalmedina river, in front of the Centro de Arte Contemporáneo. From here it’s just a short distance to one of Malaga’s oldest neighbourhoods, where you will immerse your senses in Andalusian culture.
This Malaga market is located in the old neighbourhood of El Perchel, where local fishermen used to hang the day’s catch to dry. A minimum of 4 food stands, managed by families stretching back several generations, will serve US tapas and explain how food and drinks play an huge part in the culture.
You will sample fresh produce and seafood, savoring Malaga’s wines and discovering Andalusian shopping customs and traditions. Food Lover Tour ensures an unforgettable market tour, which a grastronomic experience you won’t soon forget!
On our Malaga market tour, you will sample dishes at one of the most traditional markets in the old fishing neighborhood, and learn how to shop like a local.
• In the market, we’ll make 4 stops where a variety of traditional shared dishes will be served. Local wines and other beverages are perfectly paired with the food and is all included in the price.
• The Malaga market experience consists of 12-14 individual dishes, which equal a full meal.
• We speak (upon request) English, French and Spanish.
• A lot of food: 12-14 tapas servings. If you don’t have a huge appetite we recommend eating lightly before the tour!
• Loads of information about Spanish food, culture and lifestyle.
• You may join a small group of travelers on the Malaga market tour. Please feel free to request a 100% private tour for you or for a larger group.
• Tour guide gratuities always graciously accepted.
• Tour runs rain or shine.
• Price includes all food + drinks and restaurant taxes. Additional orders should be paid separately.
• Walking distance during the tour: approx. 1km divided in 4 lengths.
• Minimum 3 persons per tour.
• Family-friendly: the Market Lover Tour is the perfect option for families who are looking for an activity that will not only stimulate the taste buds but also the mind.
• Food Lover Tour requires a 12% deposit in order to complete the booking. The remaining balance should be paid to your guide at the end of the tour.
What a wonderful way to get to know Spain and its food! We did the 'Market' tour, and it was completely fantastic. Our guide took us through a very local (no other tourists!) marketplace brimming with jamon & cheese, fresh cherries, gorgeous cookies, amazing seafood & wine, and divine tapas!
We make a point of taking a food tour in every city we visit so we've developed very high expectations. Our guide met and exceeded our expectations. The market tour gave us lots of good info about local cuisine and lots to eat and drink as well. It was a casual, friendly walk through a fabulous market. It even pushed me to try things I've never tried.
The food we tried was some of the best I've ever tasted. Jamon Iberico, seafood, olives, red wine... all amazing. As we walked to the dessert shop our guide described some history and architecture of local neighborhoods and then we sampled some of the best desserts I've ever tasted. This tour was an amazing way to experience Spain.