Something very rich and indulgent is waiting for you in Madrid. An experience aimed at any sweet tooth! (couples with children -or not- and families) If you have a taste for all things sweet, you must try this!
Chloé – tripadvisor.com
€45 Adult / €29 Children -12 yo (21% Spanish VAT included)
Sol / Ópera
Outside Apple Store. Puerta del Sol, 1. Metro Sol. Lines 1, 2, and 3.
English and Spanish
Only sweets (6-7 servings)
December 24th, 25th, 31st and January 1st
Madrid is a city for foodies and of course, for the most demanding of sweet palates. The King and the royal family have lived here for centuries and some of the sweets they eat, were and are, supplied by Madrilenian pastry shops that we will visit during this experience.We will visit five modern and traditional spots, three of which go back generations, that will amaze both children and adults.
Try traditional pastries, churros with chocolate, nougat, ice cream and more surprises from Madrid, Spain and the Mediterranean, all of which are sweet and decadent.
If there comes a point where you cannot eat more, don’t worry! You can ask to have your sweets packaged to go. Everything is handmade and of the highest quality. You’ll learn interesting facts, delicious secrets, and the stories behind traditional sweets.
You will also learn about part of the history of Madrid. We will meet in the famed Puerta del Sol, in the heart of the city center, where we will discover its evolution importance in its historical context.
We are not going to walk too much because the point is to eat sweets! We will travel 300 meters through old Madrid until arriving, after two and a half hours, to the Plaza de Oriente. This is the ending point of the experience.
You’ll remember this sweet afternoon in Madrid forever!
A tour through the center of Madrid that’s focused on the most traditional desserts of the city, while noting the greatest cultural points of interest along the way. We will visit five modern and traditional spots, three of which go back generations, that will amaze both children and adults.
• All pastries and sweets tastings are included in the price of the Madrid sweet tour.
• We speak (upon request) English, German and Spanish.
• This is an midday tour where an average of 6-7 desserts are tasted, if your appetite is average we recommend you eat light (or don’t eat at all) before the tour!
• Some information about architecture, history and culture.
• You may join a small group of travelers on the sweets tasting in Madrid. Please feel free to request a 100% private tour for you or for a larger group.
• Tour guide gratuities always graciously accepted.
• Tour runs rain or shine.
• Price includes all food + drinks and restaurant taxes. Additional orders should be paid separately.
• Additional orders should be paid separately.
• Walking distance during the tour: approx. 300m (at a reasonable and flexible pace) with 5-6 stops along the way.
• Minimum 4 persons per tour.
• This tour is family-friendly! Consider walking distance for toddlers.
• Food Lover Tour requires a 12% deposit in order to complete the booking. The remaining balance should be paid to your guide at the end of the tour.
Great time had by both kids and parents. Good tour learning a little about the food and history of Barcelona. Tried different things that we may not have found including almond milk, the best churros in town and officially the best chocolate cake in world.
We did the Sweet Lover Tour to celebrate my wife's birthday and as we both have a sweet tooth I thought it would be a good idea for us. Spain is obviously fantastic for Tapas but we wanted to try the local sweets and learn more about the stories behind them and this tour was perfect for that and our guide gave us a great understanding and feel of the history behind these sweet delicacies we tasted. On top of that we saw more of the local sights so that made it better.
This tour was fantastic and our tour guide was a delight. Her knowledge of the locations, and the sweets we sampled was impeccable. The pace of the tour was enjoyable and the range of sweets was good. It was definitely a nice way to learn more about the city & the local food while satisfying our sweet tooth. We would definitely recommend this tour for anyone visiting Spain.
We had both been before to the city but going on the Sweet tour made us feel that we had seen a whole new side to the city that we had not seen before. We visited many different patisseries and shops and ate some of the most wonderful cakes and everything yummy in sight! Our guide knew so much about the food and the city whilst being so lovely and friendly that it was like wandering round with an old friend. Would 100% do this tour again, was worth every cent!