Madrileños love to eat traditional products and dishes from their beloved city. With this walking food tour we want you to feel like a local by experiencing picoteo in Madrid, the authentic and timeless art of bar-crawling and tapas sampling. Join us on a historical, cultural and gastronomic journey and share our passion for Madrid. Where the locals go, we go!
mistralgarcia – tripadvisor.com
€59 Adult / €45 Children -12 yo (21% Spanish VAT included)
Metro Alonso Cano - Line 7 (elevator exit, outside) Calle José Abascal, 18
English, Spanish, French and German.
Full meal (10-12 tapas servings)
December 24th, 25th, 31st and January 1st
The origins of the word “picoteo” lie in the verb “picar,” which means eating small bites from several shared plates. This is also known as “tapeo,” or a tapas crawl. We want to share picoteo in Madrid with you!
In the early evening we will take you on a tour to see the most emblematic highlights of one of Madrid’s most vibrant neighbourhoods over three hours. Our culinary journey starts at a traditional bodega serving delicious Spanish tapas, a local favorite that’s been around for decades.
Over the next three stops we will try some amazing meat and fish dishes from Madrid, along with some cold draft beer and local wines.
To conclude our picoteo in Madrid, we’ll finish at a traditional restaurant featuring cuisine from the north of Spain. An outstanding discovery, it’s a family-owned gem specializing in Galician-style tapas where you will enjoy incredible dishes, as well as luxurious desserts for a real and authentic gastronomic experience.
Our Madrid picoteo includes five stops in one of Madrid’s most exclusive neighborhoods that is approved by local foodies.
• A full meal. Taste 10-12 tapas servings that are broadly equivalent to a full meal.
• Drinks. Have one drink at each stop, ranging from refreshing draft beer, excellent wines, and vermouth to non-alcoholic beverages. We will give you our recommendations as to which drink pairs with which dish, but ultimately you choose.
• Hand-picked places. Choosing the best bar in each area is not an easy task, even for a madrileño, due to the rich offering. We’ll do it for you by personally selecting the most authentic and exquisite stops, so all you have to do is to be hungry at the meeting point!
• Multilingual tours. We speak (upon request) English, Spanish, French, German and Portuguese.
• A good amount of food: 10-12 tapas servings.
• Abundant information about Spanish food, history and local culture and lifestyle.
• You may join a small group of travelers on our picoteo in Madrid. Please feel free to request a 100% private tour for you or for a larger group.
• Tour guide gratuities always graciously accepted.
• Tour runs rain or shine.
• Price includes all food + drinks and restaurant taxes. Additional orders should be paid separately.
• A 3 hour walking tour with less than 5 mins between each stop to ensure a thoroughly laid-back, on-foot experience.
• Minimum 4 persons per tour.
• Food Lover Tour requires a 12% deposit in order to complete the booking. The remaining balance should be paid to your guide at the end of the tour.
"This was by far my favorite part of my visit to Spain! What a great way to sample all the local cuisine while getting a bit of history and great company. It is a good way to sample a few of the main dishes and drinks in some of the best places in the city. We went hungry and left absolutely stuffed."
We'd never taken a food tour before, and based on the excellent Tripadvisor reviews, we chose the Picoteo Lover Tour. Our guide showed us around 5 fantastic bars which were super authentic and not touristy, and the food and drink was incredibe at each! The evening was like spending time with a friend who had lots of local knowledge about food, drink and Spain. It was such a once-in-a-lifetime experience and made our holiday to Spain perfect!!
This was an excellent experience. My first time and I was worried at first about the cost and being a big of a big eater. It is definitely worth it as you get to go to 5 different "local" locations without the tourist crowd. By our final stop we all had as much beautiful food as we could get. Our group was diverse and very fun. I would have stayed out later with several of the groups were it not for an early flight. I would recommend this tour and do it again myself!
This was my first ever food tour, and it was such a highlight of my trip to Spain. There are a lot of touristy restaurants in Spain, and I really wanted to find where the locals eat and drink. I also really wanted to eat and drink great Spanish food and wines. This tour takes you to really exceptional places. It was a lot of fun, a lot of food and alcohol, and a lot of wonderful memories.