Have you ever been to a Spanish food market? Traditional markets have been the center of daily activity for centuries in the neighbourhoods of Madrid, yet remain generally unknown to the majority of tourists! Come with us and tour a food market in Madrid and experience it using all you senses. Take in the sights, smells, and tastes, and shop like a local!
ywoods52 – tripadvisor.com
€55 Adult / €39 Children -12 yo (21% Spanish VAT included)
Outside La Latina Theater. Plaza de la Cebada, 2. Metro LA LATINA. Line 5
English, Spanish, French, German and Portuguese
Full meal (9-10 tapas servings)
December 24th, 25th, 31st and January 1st
Our authentic Madrid food market tour includes 5 stops to sample some of the most typical Spanish tapas such as olives, meats and cheeses. And of course, the famous and mouth-watering jamón ibérico, hand carved before your very eyes!
Don’t forget about the drinks! All these tapas deserve to be paired with a worthy drink, so you’ll try delicious local wines that pair perfectly withe the food on our Madrid food market tour. Other drinks are also provided as an alternative, of course.
This fantastic food market excursion includes a full tapas lunch where you will enjoy unforgettable dishes, tasty Spanish wine and the final touch: a typical dessert, the perfect way to finish your meal!
During our walking Madrid food market tour, your guide will tell you about the history, culture and architecture of Madrid through its bustling markets. You will also learn how and what locals love to eat and their favorite culinary traditions.
• 5 stops where a variety of traditional dishes will be served by gourmet foodies and chefs selected for their expertise and reputation. Local wines and other beverages paired with the food are all included in the price.
• The combination of the five tapas tasting menus consists of 10-12 individual dishes and make up a full and complete meal.
• We speak (upon request) English, Spanish, French, German and Portuguese.
• A lot of food: 9-10 tapas servings. If your appetite is average we recommend you eat light before the tour!
• Abundant information about Spanish food, culture and lifestyle.
• You may join a small group of travelers on the Madrid food market tour. Please feel free to request a 100% private tour for you or for a larger group.
• Tour guide gratuities always graciously accepted.
• Tour runs rain or shine.
• Price includes all food + drinks and restaurant taxes. Additional orders should be paid separately.
• Walking distance during the tour: approx. 1km divided in 4 lengths.
• Minimum 4 persons per tour.
• Family-friendly: the Market Lover Tour is the perfect option for families who are looking for an activity that will not only stimulate the taste buds but also the mind.
• Food Lover Tour requires a full online payment in order to complete the booking.
What a wonderful way to get to know Spain and its food! We did the 'Market' tour, and it was completely fantastic. Our guide took us through a very local (no other tourists!) marketplace brimming with jamon & cheese, fresh cherries, gorgeous cookies, amazing seafood & wine, and divine tapas!
We make a point of taking a food tour in every city we visit so we've developed very high expectations. Our guide met and exceeded our expectations. The market tour gave us lots of good info about local cuisine and lots to eat and drink as well. It was a casual, friendly walk through a fabulous market. It even pushed me to try things I've never tried.
The food we tried was some of the best I've ever tasted. Jamon Iberico, seafood, olives, red wine... all amazing. As we walked to the dessert shop our guide described some history and architecture of local neighborhoods and then we sampled some of the best desserts I've ever tasted. This tour was an amazing way to experience Spain.