Come have a bite with the locals! We will take you to our favourite addresses, away from the crowds, to experience the real Lisboa while tasting traditional petiscos and learning about the local history.
€57 Adult / €45 Children -12 yo (21% Spanish VAT included)
Centro, Realejo, Albaicin
Praça Alégria, around the fountain, 1250-096 Lisboa
English, Português, French and Dutch
Full meal (10-12 tapas servings)
From Tuesday to Sunday
December 24th, 25th, 31st and January 1st
Traditional Portuguese food comes in all tastes and sizes, the list of influences is endless and you will be surprised to find out how many of your “”local”” favourites have themselves been tainted with Portuguese flavours.
Going up hill in Lisbon is simply unavoidable, but when you have a delicious treat waiting for you at the top, it’s another story! During this walking, eating and drinking tour you will learn not just about the food but also about the historical events which shaped this rich culture. Each of the stops will lead you to a unique piece of the puzzle that constitutes Portugal.
Off the beaten tracks our route will offer you a more authentic approach to the city and make you want to stay an extra week (or more)!
With a maximum of ten people per tour, we can assure you personal attention and a unique experience. Our passionate guides will show you how to choose quality Portuguese cheeses, and you will also learn about and taste local wines and many other great local treats to make your Lisboa petiscos experience truly memorable. By the end of the tour you’ll not only have a pleasantly full stomach but a rich understanding of what it means to be a part of this city.
• The Petiscos Lover Tour takes place walking through four traditional city neighbourhoods: Avenida, Principe Real, Santos, Madragoa
• A 5-stop journey that includes 5 different stories filled with 10-12 succulent petiscos as well as 6 local drinks.
• We speak (upon request) English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch.
• A good amount of food: 10-12 petiscos servings.
• Abundant information about Portuguese food, history, local culture and lifestyle.
• You may join a small group of travelers. Please feel free to request a 100% private tour for you or for a larger group.
• Tour guide gratuities always graciously accepted.
• Tour runs rain or shine.
• Price includes all food + drinks and restaurant taxes. Additional orders should be paid separately.
• A 3 hour walking tour with less than 10 minutes between each stop to ensure a thoroughly laid-back, Lisboa petiscos, on-foot experience.
• Minimum 4 persons per tour.
• Food Lover Tour requires a 12% deposit in order to complete the booking. The remaining balance should be paid to your guide at the end of the tour.
We didn’t know what to expect. Four hours of eating? And the price seemed rather expensive. But boy am I glad we followed our hearts and went to enjoy this tour. If you want an evening you will always remember, and some of the best food and wine in Spain, this is the tour for you. I would do it again in a New York Minute. If I could give it six stars I would.
I booked the evening Tapas Tour for 7 people. We had a wonderful time. We enjoyed every stop and were completely satisfied with the amount of food and wine. We were stuffed and enjoyed every drop of wine! Remember, it is a walking tour, if you have any disability let the tour guide know, if you have a food allergy, let the tour guide know. The food was WONDERFUL. Book it, enjoy the history, architecture and flavor of Spain!
The food quality on this tour is a clear step up from other tours. It makes me wonder how they even make a profit when placing so much fine cuisine (and wine!) in front of us. A true test of a food tour's quality is when we ask ourselves "would we eat at this restaurant on our own after this tour" and if the answer is yes. Sign up for this tour. Seriously. Its a sure fire good time.
Where do I even begin with this great tour!! Everything was perfect, from our expert guide, to the 3 different tapas bars and restaurants we visited, to actually getting to meet the owner at one of the places...it felt like an evening amongst friends and the best part was that we went to places we surely never would have found on our own, which had some of the best food we tasted in Spain. I'll be dreaming about this mouth watering meal for a long time!