Come have a bite with the locals! We will take you to our favourite addresses, away from the crowds, to experience the real Lisboa while tasting traditional petiscos and learning about the local history.
€59 Adult / €45 Children -12 yo (23% Portuguese VAT included)
Principe Real, Madragoa
Esplanada Cafe, Praça do Príncipe Real 23, 1250-096 Lisboa
English, Portuguese, French and Dutch
Full meal (12-14 petiscos servings)
From Tuesday to Sunday
December 24th, 25th, 31st and January 1st
Traditional Portuguese food comes in all tastes and sizes, the list of influences is endless and you will be surprised to find out how many of your “local” favourites have themselves been tainted with Portuguese flavours.
Going up hill in Lisbon is simply unavoidable, but when you have a delicious treat waiting for you at the top, it’s another story! During this walking, eating and drinking tour you will learn not just about the food but also about the historical events which shaped this rich culture. Each of the stops will lead you to a unique piece of the puzzle that constitutes Portugal.
Off the beaten tracks our route will offer you a more authentic approach to the city and make you want to stay an extra week (or more)!
With a maximum of ten people per tour, we can assure you personal attention and a unique experience. Our passionate guides will show you how to choose quality Portuguese cheeses, and you will also learn about and taste local wines and many other great local treats to make your Lisboa petiscos experience truly memorable. By the end of the tour you’ll not only have a pleasantly full stomach but a rich understanding of what it means to be a part of this city.
• The Petiscos Lover Tour takes place walking through four traditional city neighbourhoods: Avenida, Principe Real, Santos, Madragoa
• A 5-stop journey that includes 5 different stories filled with 10-12 succulent petiscos as well as 6 local drinks.
• We speak (upon request) English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch.
• A good amount of food: 12-14 petiscos servings.
• Abundant information about Portuguese food, history, local culture and lifestyle.
• You may join a small group of travelers. Please feel free to request a 100% private tour for you or for a larger group.
• Tour guide gratuities are always graciously accepted.
• Tour runs rain or shine.
• Price includes all food + drinks and restaurant taxes. Additional orders should be paid separately.
• A 3 hour walking tour with less than 10 minutes between each stop to ensure a thoroughly laid-back, Lisboa petiscos, on-foot experience.
• The food tour involves a certain amount of uphill walking on cobble stones and climb down steps, typical from old Lisbon streets.
• Minimum 4 persons per tour.
• Food Lover Tour requires a full online payment in order to complete the booking.
Thomas has a tour of "hole in the wall wine bars, restaurants and delicatessens where we were presented with local food beautifully prepared and presented with matching wines. We were exposed to many unique aspects of Portuguese cuisine and wines. All in a delightful evening that defines what travel is about - convivial company, good food and wine and an unique cultural experience
Extraordinary! It was definitely a unique experience. And a great opportunity to discover the city. Thomas knows his neighborhood and its history and he was a fantastic and funny guide. All the dishes are perfectly paired with wines and the alcohols were very delicates. All the places together are like a nice, tasty and exhaustive painting of what could be Lisbon. Take your camera too. There are opportunities to take marvelous pictures on the tour!
I absolutely loved this tour! Thomas took us to 5 AMAZING spots that I would have never discovered on my own! So much food and (Website hidden by Airbnb) come hungry and thirsty! I highly recommend!
Thomas was great! I really enjoyed each place he took us to. I also enjoyed the other people in the tour (two Americans and an Aussie). The food and wine were great! Such a great way to spend an evening!!! I wouldn’t have found these places or neighborhoods on my own.