On this gourmet tour you will not only taste some of Portugal’s finest food, you will do so in three authentic Lisbon settings, listening to the greatest fado singers of our generation.
€88 (23% Portuguese VAT included)
Casa dos Bicos, Rua dos Bacalhoeiros 10, 1100-135 Lisboa, under the olive tree
English, Portuguese, French and Dutch
Full meal (14-16 petiscos servings)
From Wednesday to Sunday
December 24th, 25th, 31st and January 1st
Fado and food are abundant in Lisbon, the tricky thing is finding the authentic places where to enjoy not just food but great food and deeply moving professional fado instead of tourist trap amateurs. Our mission is to take you places you are very unlikely to end-up in otherwise, and offer you a taste of the highest quality Portuguese dishes.
In three unique decors, you will experience the traditional Lisbon evening, tasting wines, sharing some food and listening to the beautiful ”saudades” of fado. For those who are still confused about what this “fado” is all about, we recommend you leave it to your heart and ears to discover.
Defining fado would be useless as each singer and every musician has their own distinctive touches and though the words are mostly sorrowful, they will surprise you with an occasional light and joyful tune.
With a maximum of ten people per tour, we can assure you personal attention and a unique experience. Our passionate guides will share stories about the history and traditions of Portugal, and you will also learn about and taste local wines and many other great local treats to make your Lisboa experience truly memorable. By the end of the tour you’ll not only have a pleasantly full stomach but a rich understanding of what it means to be a part of this city.
• The Food and Fado Lover Tour takes place walking from Praca do Comercio to the lesser known areas of Alafama and sea neigbourhoods
• A 3-stop journey starting in a traditional portuguese tavern, followed by a 6 course tasting menu with wine pairings, and ending in Lisbon’s Temple of Fado
• We speak (upon request) English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch.
• A lot of food: 14-16 petiscos and gourmet meals servings. If you don’t have a huge appetite we recommend eating lightly before the tour!
• Abundant information about Portuguese food, history, local culture and lifestyle.
• You may join a small group of travelers. Please feel free to request a 100% private tour for you or for a larger group.
• Tour guide gratuities are always graciously accepted.
• Tour runs rain or shine.
• Price includes all food + drinks and restaurant taxes. Additional orders should be paid separately.
• A 4 hour tour with less than 10 minutes walking between each stop to ensure a thoroughly laid-back, on-foot experience.
• This food tour involves a certain amount of uphill walking on cobble stones and climb down steps, typical from old Lisbon streets.
• Minimum 4 persons per tour.
• Food Lover Tour requires a full online payment in order to complete the booking.
Thomas has a tour of "hole in the wall wine bars, restaurants and delicatessens where we were presented with local food beautifully prepared and presented with matching wines. We were exposed to many unique aspects of Portuguese cuisine and wines. All in a delightful evening that defines what travel is about - convivial company, good food and wine and an unique cultural experience
Extraordinary! It was definitely a unique experience. And a great opportunity to discover the city. Thomas knows his neighborhood and its history and he was a fantastic and funny guide. All the dishes are perfectly paired with wines and the alcohols were very delicates. All the places together are like a nice, tasty and exhaustive painting of what could be Lisbon. Take your camera too. There are opportunities to take marvelous pictures on the tour!
I absolutely loved this tour! Thomas took us to 5 AMAZING spots that I would have never discovered on my own! So much food and (Website hidden by Airbnb) come hungry and thirsty! I highly recommend!
Thomas was great! I really enjoyed each place he took us to. I also enjoyed the other people in the tour (two Americans and an Aussie). The food and wine were great! Such a great way to spend an evening!!! I wouldn’t have found these places or neighborhoods on my own.