On this gourmet tour you will not only taste some of Portugal’s finest food, you will do so in three authentic Lisbon settings, listening to the greatest fado singers of our generation.
€94 (21% Spanish VAT included)
Praça do Comércio, under the nose of the horse, Praça do Comércio, 1100-148 Lisboa
English, Português, French and Dutch
Full meal (14-16 petiscos servings)
From Wednesday to Sunday
December 24th, 25th, 31st and January 1st
Fado and food are abundant in Lisbon, the tricky thing is finding the authentic places where to enjoy not just food but great food and deeply moving professional fado instead of tourist trap amateurs. Our mission is to take you places you are very unlikely to end-up in otherwise, and offer you a taste of the highest quality Portuguese dishes. In three unique decors, you will experience the traditional Lisbon evening, tasting wines, sharing some food and listening to the beautiful ”saudades” of fado. For those who are still confused about what this “fado” is all about, we recommend you leave it to your heart and ears to discover. Defining fado would be useless as each singer and every musician has their own distinctive touches and though the words are mostly sorrowful, they will surprise you with an occasional light and joyful tune.
With a maximum of ten people per tour, we can assure you personal attention and a unique experience. Our passionate guides will share stories about the history and traditions of Portugal, and you will also learn about and taste local wines and many other great local treats to make your Lisboa experience truly memorable. By the end of the tour you’ll not only have a pleasantly full stomach but a rich understanding of what it means to be a part of this city.
• The Food and Fado Lover Tour takes place walking from Praca do Comercio to the lesser knwn areas of Alafama and sea neigbourhoods
• A 3-stop journey starting in a traditional portuguese tavern, followed by a 6 course tasting menu with wine pairings, and ending in Lisbon’s Temple of Fado
• We speak (upon request) English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch.
• A good amount of food: 10 servings.
• Abundant information about Portuguese food, history, local culture and lifestyle.
• You may join a small group of travelers. Please feel free to request a 100% private tour for you or for a larger group.
• Tour guide gratuities always graciously accepted.
• Tour runs rain or shine.
• Price includes all food + drinks and restaurant taxes. Additional orders should be paid separately.
• A 4 houR tour with less than 10 minutes WALKING between each stop to ensure a thoroughly laid-back, on-foot experience.
• Minimum 4 persons per tour.
• Food Lover Tour requires a 50% deposit in order to complete the booking. The remaining balance should be paid to your guide at the end of the tour.
We didn’t know what to expect. Four hours of eating? And the price seemed rather expensive. But boy am I glad we followed our hearts and went to enjoy this tour. If you want an evening you will always remember, and some of the best food and wine in Spain, this is the tour for you. I would do it again in a New York Minute. If I could give it six stars I would.
I booked the evening Tapas Tour for 7 people. We had a wonderful time. We enjoyed every stop and were completely satisfied with the amount of food and wine. We were stuffed and enjoyed every drop of wine! Remember, it is a walking tour, if you have any disability let the tour guide know, if you have a food allergy, let the tour guide know. The food was WONDERFUL. Book it, enjoy the history, architecture and flavor of Spain!
The food quality on this tour is a clear step up from other tours. It makes me wonder how they even make a profit when placing so much fine cuisine (and wine!) in front of us. A true test of a food tour's quality is when we ask ourselves "would we eat at this restaurant on our own after this tour" and if the answer is yes. Sign up for this tour. Seriously. Its a sure fire good time.
Where do I even begin with this great tour!! Everything was perfect, from our expert guide, to the 3 different tapas bars and restaurants we visited, to actually getting to meet the owner at one of the places...it felt like an evening amongst friends and the best part was that we went to places we surely never would have found on our own, which had some of the best food we tasted in Spain. I'll be dreaming about this mouth watering meal for a long time!