Our Barcelona day trips will allow you to spend an entire day learning about and tasting local Catalan wines straight from the source at a nearby winery. These wines are then deliciously paired with food that will let you experience Catalonia with all of your senses. This excursion takes you away from the city and straight into the heart of the surrounding wine country.
€130 (21% Spanish VAT included)
Passeig de Gràcia 92 - Gaudi’s La Pedrera (Casa Milà)
English, Spanish, Catalan, Italian, Romanian
Wednesday and Saturday
December 24th, 25th, 31st and January 1st
This is truly a wonderful and unique way to spend the day! Our Barcelona day trips begin in Viladellops, a boutique winery which believes in doing very little advertising. They rely mostly on word-of-mouth from loyal Wine Club members, letting their wines speak for themselves. This trip is highly recommended for fun-loving, novice wine buffs, as well as the accomplished wine connoisseur. This winery is kid and dog-friendly, so it’s an excursion perfect for the whole family. Here we will visit the museum they have created, which is dedicated to Catalan history and the family’s heritage.
From there, we will taste 3 wines from the winery and then have lunch in a local farmhouse.
After lunch we will drive 10 minutes away to our second stop. Deep in the caves of ArtCava, these expert winemakers make it their mission to craft some of the Penedes’ best sparkling wine. Their picturesque cave tour is part gothic, part romance, and all excellent wine-tasting. Once you have selected the cava that you like best from the tasting, we will take you to the elaboration room where you will disgorge your own bottle with your own two hands, including corking and labeling. This will be your bottle of cava to keep and that you can take home and open whenever you want to remember the magical experience that you had at ArtCava with the Wine Lover Tour on our Barcelona day trips.
The Wine Lover Tour Day Trip was created to let you experience a wine tasting with food pairings over an entire day outside, visiting the wine country, in a relaxed and calming atmosphere. To feel like a local and discover the real soul of Penedes, we have chosen to hold the experience in a traditional and well-respected wine region specialized in high-quality wines.
• Wine tasting + lunch included in the price.
• You will have the opportunity to test some of the most classic products Catalonia produces, such as embutidos (cured meats), homemade cheese, ham and few secret and delicious products chosen by our sommelier to pair with the wines.
• Upon request, our Barcelona day trips can be in English, French, Spanish and Catalan.
• 2 wine tastings, guided by our professional sommelier (6 wines in total, 3 of them sparkling).
• Abundant information about Catalan and Spanish wine, oenology and culture.
• You may join a small group of travelers on our Barcelona day trips. Please feel free to request a 100% private tour for you or for a larger group.
• Gratuities for tour guides are always graciously accepted.
• Tour runs rain or shine.
• Price includes all food + drinks. Additional orders should be paid separately.
• Minimum 4 persons per tour.
• Food Lover Tour requires a 50% deposit in order to complete the booking. The remaining balance should be paid to your guide at the end of the tour.
We tried 5 wines in total (one cava, 2 whites, and 2 reds) from the Catalonia region and learned so much from our sommelier! The tastings were accompanied by bread, meat, and cheese typical of the area. The whole tour was laid back and informative set in an informal atmosphere that was encouraging and inclusive. We walked away with great new friends and a lot more knowledge about Spanish wines! This was a highlight of our trip and I highly recommend it!
The wine was great and I loved his appreciation for a holistic and thoughtful approach to wine making. I learned a lot and have carried away new respect for choosing wines and knowing the story of their makers.
It was lovely to sit around one big table in a great establishment - a fantastic large wine shop. We tasted really interesting wines with generous pours and top-ups and had some great authentic tapas. Very highly recommended!