The Tapas Lover Tour, as the name suggests, is first and foremost a walking tapas tour created for lovers of good food! It’s ideal for foodies wishing to explore the local cuisine and who want to enjoy their stay in Barcelona while having fun off the tourist track. During our tapas tour in Barcelona, where the locals go, we go!
Flybysts – tripadvisor.com
€94 (21% Spanish VAT included)
Passeig de Gràcia 92 - Gaudi’s La Pedrera (Casa Milá)
English, French, Spanish, Italian, Romanian and Catalan.
Full meal (14-16 tapas servings)
December 24th, 25th, 31st and January 1st
This evening tapas tour of Barcelona is a very laid-back experience with several stops, including a gastronomic dinner in the Eixample district of Barcelona. We partner with a very small group of tapas restaurants that we believe are serving the best tapas—hot and cold appetizers and snacks—in Barcelona. Want to know where we go and what we eat? Come and join us on the Tapas Lover Tour!
The first stop takes place in a local after hours bar/restaurant, very well-known by the people of Barcelona for its good atmosphere. This is where we will start our tour with a few appetizers and drinks. You will become familiar with the basics of our culture’s approach to dining.
At our second stop we’ll continue enjoying appetizers, but these will be quite different from our first stop. We’ll taste rich, heartier tapas paired with typical drinks that form the identity of our Spanish and Catalan culture, and are prized among locals.
The final tapas experience is a proper gastronomic and gourmet dinner. Food Lover Tour has been granted access to some of the most-coveted and must-see restaurants in town. Sit down, relax and enjoy a true culinary adventure for foodies, including the best fresh local foods, seasonal meals, wine pairings and great company on our tapas tour in Barcelona.
As we like to say in Barcelona, bon profit!
On our tapas tour of Barcelona, you will enjoy exclusive visits to traditional bodegas, taverns and restaurants that offer sensational Catalan food and wines popular with the local community.
• Tapas tasting menus and pairing drinks at the 3 stops included in price.
• The combination of the three tapas tasting menus consists of 14-16 individual dishes and make up a full and complete meal.
• We speak (upon request) English, French, Spanish, Italian, Romanian and Catalan.
• A lot of food: 14-16 tapas servings. If your appetite is average we recommend that you eat light before the tapas tour of Barcelona!
• Abundant information about Catalan and Spanish food, architecture, history and culture.
• You may join a small group of travelers. Please feel free to request a 100% private tour for you or for a larger group.
• Additional orders should be paid separately.
• Tour guide gratuities always graciously accepted.
• Tour runs rain or shine.
• Price includes all food + drinks + wine pairing and restaurant taxes. Additional orders should be paid separately.
• Walking distance during the tour: approx. 1km divided in 3 lengths.
• Minimum 4 persons per tour.
• Minimum age: 10 years old.
• Food Lover Tour requires a 50% deposit in order to complete the booking. The remaining balance should be paid to your guide at the end of the tour.
We didn’t know what to expect. Four hours of eating? And the price seemed rather expensive. But boy am I glad we followed our hearts and went to enjoy this tour. If you want an evening you will always remember, and some of the best food and wine in Spain, this is the tour for you. I would do it again in a New York Minute. If I could give it six stars I would.
I booked the evening Tapas Tour for 7 people. We had a wonderful time. We enjoyed every stop and were completely satisfied with the amount of food and wine. We were stuffed and enjoyed every drop of wine! Remember, it is a walking tour, if you have any disability let the tour guide know, if you have a food allergy, let the tour guide know. The food was WONDERFUL. Book it, enjoy the history, architecture and flavor of Spain!
The food quality on this tour is a clear step up from other tours. It makes me wonder how they even make a profit when placing so much fine cuisine (and wine!) in front of us. A true test of a food tour's quality is when we ask ourselves "would we eat at this restaurant on our own after this tour" and if the answer is yes. Sign up for this tour. Seriously. Its a sure fire good time.
Where do I even begin with this great tour!! Everything was perfect, from our expert guide, to the 3 different tapas bars and restaurants we visited, to actually getting to meet the owner at one of the places...it felt like an evening amongst friends and the best part was that we went to places we surely never would have found on our own, which had some of the best food we tasted in Spain. I'll be dreaming about this mouth watering meal for a long time!