Spoil your senses with our most exquisite tapas and wine pairing tour in Barcelona. It’s ideal for foodies wishing to explore the local cuisine.
- Adults 12+ years old
- Children 2-11 years old
The Original Barcelona Tapas Crawl Tour
Join us for an authentic tapas bar crawl experience with delicious local foods as well as a short walking and historical tour through some of the city’s typical neighborhoods. See how people eat, live, and do picoteo in Barcelona… Where the locals go, we go!
The origins of the word “picoteo” lie in the verb “picar,” which means eating small bites from several shared plates, also known as “tapeo,” or tapas crawl.
This early evening tapas crawl tour is a short adventure lasting three delicious hours, showcasing what Barcelona’s most authentic and popular restaurants and bars can offer in terms of food and local drinks. Discover a side of Barcelona picoteo that few have the chance to see, savouring the centuries-old legacy of local food culture, vibrant tapas bars and amazing foodie sanctuaries.
It’s a wonderfully fun and informative experience to enjoy in the company of your local tour guide, who shares their tips and insider knowledge as well as their passion for the city. They show you the city they love, away from the overcrowded tourist trails. This picoteo tour is an authentic Mediterranean lifestyle adventure, a delightful five-stop gastronomic experience.
Join us for the best food in town as well as an entertaining foodie adventure known as Barcelona picoteo!
The Perfect Tour for Discovering the Essence of Tapas
With a maximum of ten people per tour, we can assure you personal attention and a unique experience. Our passionate guides show you how to choose quality Spanish ham, and you also learn about and taste local wines and many other great local tapas to make your Barcelona picoteo experience truly memorable. By the end of the tour, you’ll not only have a pleasantly full stomach but also a rich understanding of what it means to be a part of this city.
- The Barcelona Picoteo Tour takes place walking through three traditional city neighbourhoods: Poble Sec, Raval and Sant Antoni (Eixample).
- A five-stop journey that includes five different stories filled with 10 – 12 succulent tapas as well as five local drinks
- We speak (upon request) English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Romanian and Catalan.
- A good vermouth is an essential part of picoteo in Barcelona.
- A good amount of food: 10 – 12 tapas servings
- Abundant information about Spanish food, history and local culture and lifestyle
- You may join a small group of travelers. Please feel free to request a 100% private tour for you or for a larger group.
- Tour guide gratuities always graciously accepted.
- Tour runs rain or shine.
- Price includes all food + drinks and restaurant taxes. Additional orders should be paid separately.
- A three-hour walking tour with less than 10 minutes between each stop to ensure a thoroughly laid-back Barcelona tapas crawling experience on foot.
- Minimum of 4 persons per tour.
- Food Lover Tour® requires full online payment in order to complete the booking.
Holiday closures: Sept 11th, Dec 24th, 25th, 31st and Jan 1st