All-in-one: we’re now offering you an authentic tapas bar crawl experience with delicious local foods, as well as a short walking and historical tour through some of the city’s typical neighborhoods. See how people eat, live, and do picoteo in Barcelona…where the locals go, we go!
hc927 – tripadvisor.com
€65 Adult / €45 Children -12 yo (21% Spanish VAT included)
Poble Sec / Raval / Sant Antoni (Eixample)
El Molino - Carrer de Vila i Vilà, 99
English, French, Spanish, Italian, Romanian and Catalan.
Full meal (10-12 tapas servings)
From Tuesday to Sunday
Sept 11th, Dec 24th, 25th, 31st and Jan 1st
The origins of the word “picoteo” lie in the verb “picar,” which means eating small bites from several shared plates, also known as “tapeo,” or tapas crawl.
This early evening tapas tour has been designed to be discovered over a short adventure lasting 3 delicious hours, to showcase what Barcelona’s most authentic and popular restaurants and bars can offer in terms of food and local drinks. Discover a side of Barcelona picoteo that few have the chance to see, savouring the centuries-old legacy of local food culture, vibrant tapas bars and amazing foodie sanctuaries.
It’s wonderfully fun and informative experience to enjoy in the company of your local tour guide, who will share their tips and insider knowledge as well as their passion for the city. They will show you where they live and the city they love, away from the overcrowded tourist trails. The Picoteo Lover Tour is an authentic Mediterranean lifestyle adventure, through a delightful 5-stop gastronomic experience.
Join us for the best food in town as well as an entertaining foodie adventure known as Barcelona picoteo!
With a maximum of ten people per tour, we can assure you personal attention and a unique experience. Our passionate guides will show you how to choose quality Spanish ham, and you will also learn about and taste local wines and many other great local tapas to make your Barcelona picoteo experience truly memorable. By the end of the tour you’ll not only have a pleasantly full stomach but a rich understanding of what it means to be a part of this city.
• The Picoteo Lover Tour takes place walking through three traditional city neighbourhoods: Poble Sec, Raval and Sant Antoni (Eixample).
• A 5-stop journey that includes 5 different stories filled with 10-12 succulent tapas as well as 5 local drinks.
• We speak (upon request) English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Romanian and Catalan.
• A good amount of food: 10-12 tapas servings.
• Abundant information about Spanish food, history and local culture and lifestyle.
• You may join a small group of travelers. Please feel free to request a 100% private tour for you or for a larger group.
• Tour guide gratuities always graciously accepted.
• Tour runs rain or shine.
• Price includes all food + drinks and restaurant taxes. Additional orders should be paid separately.
• A 3 hour walking tour with less than 10 minutes between each stop to ensure a thoroughly laid-back, Barcelona picoteo, on-foot experience.
• Minimum 4 persons per tour.
• Food Lover Tour requires a full online payment in order to complete the booking.
"This was by far my favorite part of my visit to Spain! What a great way to sample all the local cuisine while getting a bit of history and great company. It is a good way to sample a few of the main dishes and drinks in some of the best places in the city. We went hungry and left absolutely stuffed."
We'd never taken a food tour before, and based on the excellent Tripadvisor reviews, we chose the Picoteo Lover Tour. Our guide showed us around 5 fantastic bars which were super authentic and not touristy, and the food and drink was incredibe at each! The evening was like spending time with a friend who had lots of local knowledge about food, drink and Spain. It was such a once-in-a-lifetime experience and made our holiday to Spain perfect!!
This was an excellent experience. My first time and I was worried at first about the cost and being a big of a big eater. It is definitely worth it as you get to go to 5 different "local" locations without the tourist crowd. By our final stop we all had as much beautiful food as we could get. Our group was diverse and very fun. I would have stayed out later with several of the groups were it not for an early flight. I would recommend this tour and do it again myself!
This was my first ever food tour, and it was such a highlight of my trip to Spain. There are a lot of touristy restaurants in Spain, and I really wanted to find where the locals eat and drink. I also really wanted to eat and drink great Spanish food and wines. This tour takes you to really exceptional places. It was a lot of fun, a lot of food and alcohol, and a lot of wonderful memories.