We are here to “eat the market”. This adventure is a real culinary experience with a total immersion in one of the emblematic markets of Barcelona followed by a proper tapas lunch.
Homes11_CA – tripadvisor.com
€65 Adult / €50 Children -12 yo (21% Spanish VAT included)
Carrer de Mallorca 133 - Ninot Market’s main entrance
English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Portuguese, Romanian and Catalan.
Full meal (10-12 tapas servings)
From Tuesday to Saturday
December 24th, 25th, 31st and January 1st
No visit to any city or region is truly complete unless the local culinary customs are sampled. With this in mind the Food Lover Tour adds another option to its range of authentic culinary experiences, the Market Lover Tour.
Food lovers will have the opportunity of participating in the local Barcelona food culture with a visit to an authentic local market, sampling gastronomic tapas at two stops, then taking a stroll through the heart of the Eixample area and end the walking tour with a wonderful tapas lunch that will leave a lasting memory. This midday activity can be scheduled before or after other plans.
Barcelona’s food markets are an essential ingredient within the rise and rise of its culinary reputation. Filled with life and colour these Catalan markets supply homes and restaurants with seasonal and fresh produce that forms the foundation of its cuisine. The different food stands are often managed by the same families over generations and generations, these people are genuine experts and a font of knowledge for shoppers.
On our Barcelona market tour, you will eat at one of the most emblematic markets in the city, in the Eixample neighborhood, and finish your gastronomic experience at a local restaurant for a delicious tapas lunch nearby.
• 3 stops where a variety of typical shared dishes will be served by passionate Barcelona chefs selected for their expertise and reputation. Local wines and other beverages paired with the food offering are all included in the price.
• The combination of the three tapas tasting menus consists of 10-12 individual dishes and make up a full and complete meal.
• We speak (upon request) English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Portuguese, Romanian and Catalan.
• A lot of food: 10-12 tapas servings, if your appetite is average we recommend you to eat light before the tour!
• Abundant information about Catalan and Spanish food, culture and lifestyle.
• You may join a small group of travelers. Please feel free to request a 100% private tour for you or for a larger group.
• Tour guide gratuities always graciously accepted.
• Tour runs rain or shine.
• Price includes all food + drink and restaurant taxes. Additional orders should be paid separately.
• Walking distance during the tour: approx. 1Km divided in 3 lengths.
• Minimum 3 person per tour.
• Family-friendly: the Market Lover Tour is the perfect option for families who are looking for an activity that will not only stimulate the taste buds but also the mind.
• Food Lover Tour requires a 50% deposit in order to complete the booking. The remaining balance should be paid to your guide at the end of the tour.
We had an absolutely wonderful night on the Gourmet Food Tour. The guide took us to two delicious tapas places before surprising us with a dinner at one of Barcelona's best restaurants.
This is a really good, personal tour. We selected the gourmet tour to celebrate my birthday and we were very pleased with the venues selected and the experience, would recommend to anyone visiting Barcelona for the first time.
Not only did we get to experience food in restaurants we would never have found on our own, we also were provided with the history of the city and how food is playing such an important role in its future.
The Highlight of our Honey Moon! My husband and I did the Foodball tour and I must say it was the best experience of our honeymoon. The service that Foodlover tour provided us was without a doubt phenomenal. we got amazing seats. TIP: GO HUNGRY.
Great Food and Great Barça game!! We looked at doing a food tour but also wanted to see a Barça game while we were in Barcelona. The food was very good quality, better than what we had at other places the day before. This was a highlight for sure! Highly recommend.
I just love it! I had a fantastic time by joining the program which includes FCB game. The food choice is great. The FCB's game is a perfect period for my trip in Spain.
We could drink as much as we wanted an I actually cannot remember leaving the place :) I would really recommend this tour to anyone who has the ability to enjoy whine and food!
The wine, the food and Ludo’s great way to share his knowledge made this to an haunting day/evening. I will highly recommend this as an alternative to visit a winery.
Amazing Wine tour in the heart of Gracia! The tour covers a wide range of Spanish wines with a focus on natural wine and small producers. if you have any interest in learning about Spanish wine then this is the tour for you.
This was the third food tour we've ever done and I have to say it was the best so far. We saw loads of great little hidden spots of history we definitely wouldn't have found on our own. you stop and eat or sample a few highlights as you go and the guide will buy you others to try later.
Brillant Tours, a Must! The most enjoyable tour we have ever been on with multiple tastings, fascinating shops and history thrown.
Fantastic Sweet tour of Barcelona! We were with our two sons ages 10 and 8, who thoroughly enjoyed learning about Barcelona's rich history as well as eating the delicious desserts. We would highly recommend this tour.
This was one of the best things we did in Barcelona. Our guide Javier was excellent. It was like going to dinner with some friends. If we come back it will be at the top our list.
The best thing we did in Barcelona. It was rated the highlight of our trip to Barcelona by everyone. It was a very personal and intimate event, stretching from 7:30 pm - 11:30 This was by far the best tour we've ever done.
A feast for the senses! I can't say enough about this wonderful food tour. It went above and beyond all my expectations. The restaurants we ate at were so unique and delicious all in their own way I will definitely return and go back for another tour.